IGNORED

Screws? I am confusedicated.

baggerchris

baggerchris

The recent talk of screw lengths has me confused. My 1100RT has three lengths, not two. A long long one near the mirror, lots of medium ones and two very short ones down below the jugs connecting two pieces of Tupperware. Is that somewhat correct? I certainly don't want one that is too long up near the tank. Thanks!

baggerchris

Thanks Woodie!! I know that I have seen that diagram somewhere here in the past, but for some reason I just could not find it. I guess I am getting senile. Thanks again for helping me out!

DavidEBSmith

When I got new fairing screws (because after 130K miles of services, they get pretty ratty) I only got short ones. Except for the really long one under the mirror, you can use short ones everywhere else and then you don't have to worry about what goes where. There's nowhere on the fairing (other than the really long one) that you need the middle-length screws.

And I have never heard of anybody's fairing flying off as they roll down the highway because of a loose screw or two (excluding the loose screw behind the handlebars). But I suppose there's always a first time (and it'll probably happen to me next month).

DavidEBSmith

No screws on that one, just the stupid knob. Which reminds me, I gotta put some velcro or something on it now that I carved it up special to fit my fuel cell line.

Archived