IGNORED

GPS

Charlie_Belfast

Charlie_Belfast

Where would be the best place to wire my GPS to?

At the moment I have the lead running to the power outlet socket but its not ideal.

Depends if you want the power source switched or unswitched. Many want it unswitched (always on) so they can use it when the ignition is off. If you have a GPS with long life batteries (276C is an example) then it probably doesn't make any difference because the battery life is ~10+ hours and it automatically recharges the batteries when power is restored. Unswitch power can come directly from the battery or you can can splice into the power line at the back of the socket you are currently using.

Charlie_Belfast

Cheers John, I think I'll splice into the power line at the back of the socket I'm currently using.I did look at wiring direct to battery,confused me a bit,how do you get at the battery terminals?

Charlie,

To get to the battery terminals, you need to remove the left side tupperware then the intake airtube. The you can pull the battery out and contect to the terminals. You can also go to the "other" end of the primary big power cable from the battery to the starter which you can get to with just the upperware removed.

Archived