IGNORED

Bosch 4417 or 4418 for the 1150?

Willie

Which one is for use in the 1150? I was told to use the 4417 by someone and did so. Still have a about the same feel as the NGK's, but I saw in the FAQ that the 1100's should be using the 4418. (Seems to be hardly any info for the 1150's) Also what Autolite plug can I use in the 1150? Thanks, Terry

BTW, I pulled my pink CCP and the bike ran better, but I am still leary about this procedure. I was also having a problem with very rough starts without the CCP in. It would take a few tries to fire the bike. Anyone else have any problem upon startup without using a CCP in the bike? Thanks, Terry

I pulled the pink CCP on my 03 RT about a year ago and did not notice any difference in starting. The only thing I have noticed is that the idle is down around 950 rpm (reading on the tach) and I can't adjust it any higher. The shop I go to said they all read a little low on the tach, but their instruments say it is idling within specs. Other than the idle speed, and I don't know if that is even related to the CCP, I can't say I have noticed the bike starting any differently than when the CCP was installed.

Andy

I have been running Bosch 4417 in my 2002 R1150RT for about a year with no ill effect. I can't really notice any change from stock plugs. I put them in to help with a pinging issue, didn't help! I have removed them several times and they are a nice tan color with no shiny stuff on the electrode. Anyway, I just had my 24000 at Mac's Cycle in Lewiston ID and I handed the mech a new set of 4417s. He looked at them and didn't say ZIP, so I assume he didn't see a problem with them? Anyway, I will continue to use them. tongue.gif

Archived