IGNORED

Compatiblity between various BMW pants and jackets

Scott A

I doubt it. I have an Airflow jacket that won't fully zip to my Savanna II trousers. The zippers are of different lengths, which means they don't start-n-stop at the same point.

ShovelStrokeEd

There is an adaptor zip that your dealer can order for you. Used to match Airflow 1 jacket and Airflow II pants.

steve.foote
I doubt it. I have an Airflow jacket that won't fully zip to my Savanna II trousers. The zippers are of different lengths, which means they don't start-n-stop at the same point.

I use both a Savannah II and Airflow II jacket with my Savannah II pants. Zippers are the same.

It wasn't clear by your post which Airflow jacket you had.

There is a difference in zipper length between some of the older clothing and the new stuff. Some have 30cm zippers and other have 40cm zips.

Fortunately, some of your better BMW dealers (I'm not naming names) do carry the latest, super-secret, high-zoot, double-throw-down zipper adapters thumbsup.gif that allow you to connect the older apparel to the new.

40cm-to-30 or 30cm-to-40, each runs under ten bucks.

The only BMW garments that won't zip to each other are leather-to-textile. Most leather garments have a full wrap-around zipper, and the textile garments have the shorter zippers discussed above.

Thanks everyone for the information. I'll stop by my dealer with this information and see about ordering the adaptor.

I wound up buying the BMW Venting Machine - pants and jacket. Pricey, but very comfortable and feels much more secure/protective than my FirstGear mesh.

John Bentall
The only BMW garments that won't zip to each other are leather-to-textile. Most leather garments have a full wrap-around zipper, and the textile garments have the shorter zippers discussed above.

In the 2005 clothing catalog the Black Leather, Freerider and Atlantis leather jackets are shown as having the short zip used on many of the textile pants. The race-type suits do not have the short zip.

tom collins

i have an older bmw jacket with vents that is blue and white and was meant only as a hot weather jacket, don' t know the designation. i needed a pair of pants that would zip to it for a track day. i pair of savannah pants zipped perfectly. also, the dealer was able to sell me the zipper parts separately if i wanted to adapt my tour master pants to the job. i just got the savannah's and it worked fine, very nice pants by the way.

tom collins

Archived