IGNORED

mounting new 2610

bcircus

I know many use the fancy brackets but I just want to mount it on my rcu shelf. Is there or does the supplied unit come with a bracket for this? I want something secure so it won't fall off. thanks, bcircus

The best way to go with a 2610 on an RCU shelf is the Garmin motorcycle mount and motorcycle power cable (both come together as a kit for about $45) and an 'L' bracket (to mount the Garmin mount to the shelf) made out of aluminum stock. If you place it correctly the GPS will not interfere with your windscreen even when all the way down. The Garmin mount is quite secure as long as you are sure to tighten the lockscrew that retains the release lever.

My cycle kit was shipped yesterday but if you need a power cable and a mount from what I've read the cheapest set up is the motorcycle kit. They are available from Amazon for $34.00 with free shipping & no taxthumbsup.gif. No association etc. just the cheapest price I could find. You might be able to use one of the mounts that comes with it but you would still need a power cable which run close to $30.00 alone.

They are available from Amazon for $34.00 with free shipping & no tax

Yeah, that's the kit I was referring to in my post... $34 delivered is a great price.

Is the L bracket something you buy or make yourself?
Not aware of any available for sale but you can make it yourself pretty easily. Just get some 1/8" aluminum stock at the hardware store, cut off a piece, and then bend it in a vise to the right angle (whatever points the GPS at you depending on your height.) Drill a couple of holes to mount it to the RCU shelf, add the Garmin motorcycle mount and you're done. This should be very stable (or at least as stable as the RCU shelf it is mounted on.)

Archived