IGNORED

RIP Andrea Pininfarina

bakerzdosen

bakerzdosen

Well, since no one else posted this

Andrea Pininfarina, the man responsible for the design of sooooo many lustfully gorgeous cars was killed today when he was hit by a Ford while riding his Vespa.

Paul Mihalka

Godspeed!

Andrea was the grandson of the founder of the Pininfarina works. The founder's name was Battista "Pinin" Farina, Pinin being a nickname. First Pininfarina became a business name, and later the family name was officially changed to Pininfarina. Battista was the man who made the name famous, with his designs in the fifties and sixties.

For a few years I owned one of his masterpieces, the Lancia Aurelia B24 convertible.

http://www.ritzsite.net/Lancia/05_LanciaCC.htm

Sorry to hear. Odd that he was riding a Vespa.

Sad news; I'm also surprised that he was riding a Vespa in morning traffic- a Ducati or Ferrari would have been more appropriate. The Italians love their scooters from what I have read- those small wheels do not appeal to me. Give me a 250 c.c.

Japanese m.c. any day or a KTM 990 Superduke (on the other end of the fun spectrum) for those aggressive drivers. May he rest in peace..

Sorry to hear. Odd that he was riding a Vespa.

A sad occasion. The BBC reported his death in a "car-crash". Not odd to me that he was riding a Vespa. Italian cities are very congested and Vespas are fashionable. Fashion is very, very important to Italians.

Archived