IGNORED

My new RT

Clyde

look_out.jpg

A few initial observations from this new biker:

- There no engine sensation up from the buttocks, vibration at the handle bars at low rpm that subside to almost none above 3000 rpm.

- Raising the windscreen up can cut out all air turbulence, making the ride even more car like. I need to get used to this.

- Break fault warning: always on first, then off after riding. Is this normal?

- Warning symbols blink rate is too low. I must take eyes off the road to discern it flashing. Double the flash rate is better.

- Bums/pot holes produce very sharp bunces to handle bars.

- Holding the clutch then turn key to on, no start. Must release then hold clutch to start.

- 1st gear is tight: I often kill the engine. What's the right way?

- Sometime must release the squeeze clutch to shift from neutral to 1st. I am short and need to side stand so this is tricky while in traffic stop.

- The "waist" is "fat": it spreads out my feet, making my short legs even shorter. Tip over once already.

- Squeezing the break make weezzz noise while is bike standing still. Not a problem, just feel odd.

I am getting custom shocks to lower it a little bit.

Aluminum_Butt
Break fault warning: always on first, then off after riding. Is this normal?

Normal...it should continue to blink until you get to 3mph or so, then go off and stay off.

Holding the clutch then turn key to on, no start. Must release then hold clutch to start.

Mine doesn't do that. confused.gif

Sometime must release the squeeze clutch to shift from neutral to 1st.

They all do that.

The "waist" is "fat": it spreads out my feet, making my short legs even shorter.

BMW offers a "low" seat option. You can put a "want to buy" posting on the classifieds here and might get lucky. Otherwise Chicago BMW (www.chicagobmwmotorcycles.com) offers BMW parts at a 20% discount. I'm guessing the seat will run $150 or so.

Squeezing the break make weezzz noise while is bike standing still.

That's normal, it's the brake servos.

AND, welcome to the board and to BMW ownership. clap.gif

>BMW offers a "low" seat option

I got the low seat on the low position. Still a bit reaching. The custom shocks should fix it for me.

dopeslap.gif I posted to the wrong forum.

Archived