IGNORED

BE WARNED

azkaisr

Fantastic Contraption

I did a search for the last year and didn't see this link. A friend from the UK (not the one in Utah) sent it to me and I have now spent the last 4 hours mesmerized at getting to the next level. Simple games/puzzles sometimes are simply the best.

Oh and take the tutorial. It helped me a lot.

Kaisr

Couchrocket
Big Ball?

I made a daisy chain of wheels and sticks wrapping around the ball... then a long stick to the lower right corner and a shorter stick going "up" from there w the "thing" attached at the end. The daisy chain "motored" around the ball, and whiplashed the thing into the pink box as the whole rig plummeted like a rock. I won!

Couchrocket

The "Big Ball" got ugly...

I figure you really rational, mechanical, folk need a good laugh... so take a look at this! Just proves that if you get a big enough hammer -- you can fix anything! :dopeslap:

Here was the "winner."

344069985_aHxRv-L.jpg

Unwound and pushing for home!

344069420_B7AoB-M.jpg

Fortunately I "saved" it so that I can replay it!

344069986_475sv-L.jpg

And, Tom, it is 1:17 a.m. and I'm still sitting here... I hate you!

Very elegant solution, Gregori! Mine was more like Scott's.

I'm really struggling with "4 balls." Perhaps I need to rethink my strategy. My conveyor strategy will get all but the last ball in the box. :lurk:

Oh, and Tommy, I can't believe you did this to me!

bakerzdosen

Well, I like all three solutions for that one.

I'd show you my solution, but it's not nearly as elegant, so I'll stick with those. :)

Actually, I really liked this one

Tom......I'm ok with you......BUT Danielle hates you :grin:

anyone interested in stopping by to cut my grass today......i'm kinda busy :dopeslap:

I decided to go paint some things. It is less stressful then the last level which I have had no inspiration yet to solve

skinny_tom (aka boney)
I decided to go paint some things. It is less stressful then the last level which I have had no inspiration yet to solve

Thinking about it though, aren't ya?

I'm in Vermont on a motorcycle tour with my wife and I decide, let me just see what's happening on BMWST.

Never again.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

For back and forth I had a 3 wheel cart. (3 wheels, one stick, and two water sticks) It started off balance on one pink wheel and fell toward the ball while moving toward it, where the cart captured the ball between two orange wheels, lifted the pink and rolled over to the edge making a bridge. The pink wheel then gave the ball spin and it rolled up into the "zone."

I'm not looking at your Unpossible result. I'm still thinking about it.

I ever tell you guys about the other game I found that is just as big a time waster as this one????????

Unpossible was solved about 3pm my time. Say what you want but that sort of thing is worthy.

Tom...by the way...you still suck! Thanks buddy!

Now if you were stationed at Luke or Davis Monthan, I would be worried....

Hope all is good amigo

Well, I like all three solutions for that one.

I'd show you my solution, but it's not nearly as elegant, so I'll stick with those. :)

Actually, I really liked this one

Nice, Matt!

So who owns all these solutions? I often wonder this about internet games, and other things. It comes to mind in this case because nano-chemists are starting to make simple engines, levers, pipes, gates and other basic building blocks of nano-machines. Many interesting uses have been proposed. It strikes me that this "game" may be a way to generate designs for use within a given system and that the set of building blocks provided is not accidental. Anyone read Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card?

OK....solved them all, had time to cut the grass, eat dinner, and still have 45 min before the NFL preseason kickoff

Just how loud did you yell when that 4th ball finally went in?

OK....solved them all, had time to cut the grass, eat dinner, and still have 45 min before the NFL preseason kickoff

Just how loud did you yell when that 4th ball finally went in?

I don't really want to talk about it :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday
So who owns all these solutions?

I'd guess that unless you take the time and money to file a patent for something you create, the idea is fair game.

This game has taught me that I was correct to not attempt an Engineering career. I gave up on the "handling" problem after wasting about an hour. I'm done.

bakerzdosen

Yeah, Sharon, engineers don't give up, they just move on to a "side project" to clear their head so they can think more clearly when they come back. If you come back, there's hope for you as an engineer yet. :)

Oh, and when you do come back, I would recommend NOT going the route I did for that one. Too finicky. Go for something simple

Couchrocket

You guys and your elegant solutions make me green with both envy and awe! Makes my "bigger hammer" approach even uglier and more crude. But, as a former firefighter, my mind set in an emergency is to just force it if I need to, since I don't have time for a design team! At least that's my excuse of the day! LOL :dopeslap:

This game has taught me that I was correct to not attempt an Engineering career. I gave up on the "handling" problem after wasting about an hour. I'm done.

I got handling pretty easily but had an inordinate amount of trouble with the relatively simple "tube" until I looked at other people's designs, now I can build a million things that work on it. I was just stuck going in the "wrong" direction. Of course now I'm going to go try it the way I was thinking originally...

I finished this up, I'm almost embarrassed to say. What a great time waster.

I just love seeing everyone else's solutions. Its kinda what makes the world go around. Everyone looks and comes up with their own unique idea to get to the same end result. Its a shame that site doesn't have a "show and tell" section where you could see how everyone else did them.

Archived