IGNORED

Congrats to Greg...

bakerzdosen

bakerzdosen

Well, I'm guessing many of you don't read Greg's blog on a regular basis (I know I don't), I'll bring it to your attention that it would seem that two things have occurred:

1) He finished his 3 days of the bar yesterday (and found time to log in here today).

2) He's graduating cum laude.

Hopefully this won't bug him as much as birthday threads do, but just to be sure it does, throw the man some emoticon love. :):clap::wave:

Yes, congratulations. It must have seemed like quite a mountain to climb when you started, but you did it. In the spirit of bakerzdosen's post- :clap::wave::thumbsup:

Anyone who's been around this place and has seen Greg's deeper-than-average perspective on things, knew that Greg had the innate ability to dissect issues deeper than most. A perfect mindset for a lawyer. And now he has the education to go along with that natural gift.

Congratulations, Greg. I know you'll use your talents and schooling well.

1) He finished his 3 days of the bar yesterday (and found time to log in here today). ...

Taking them and passing them are two different things ... probably not an issue though

Congrats on the Summa!

Congratulations Greg. :clap: Welcome back. FeelGood.gif Its been kinda quiet without you around here. :wave:

The bar exam's a real PITA. When I walked out of mine, I didn't care if I had passed or failed; I only knew I didn't ever want to take it again.

Now, for the long wait. :lurk::thumbsup::Cool:

So, two lawyers walk into a tavern an one of...... uh, never mind..

Congrats , Greg, I have never met you, but I have been able to watch from afar as you worked for this.....From the Perry Mason series " All rise, court is in session"

Thanks, all. It's nice to be done.

1) He finished his 3 days of the bar yesterday (and found time to log in here today). ...

Taking them and passing them are two different things ... probably not an issue though

That's a point I keep trying to remind people of. While I have a pretty good idea of what the standards require to pass the exam are, and I feel relatively confident that I met them, there are still way too many unknowns. Smarter people than I have failed after, I'm sure, feeling confident they had passed.

Congrats on the Summa!

Don't I wish. My friend pulled Summa. I thought I'd gotten Magna. But yesterday I discovered I didn't even get that... By a hundredth of a point.

Atta boy, Grasshopper.

The learning never stops, but now you have a chance to benefit from it, rather than just endure and pay for it.

My experience matched Sharon's: even without doubts about passing, the wait for the results was excruciating. At least once a day, and usually much more frequently, someone in the office would ask if I'd gotten the results yet. Of course, when the day finally arrived, most of them were out. I hope the time passes quickly and less annoyingly for you.

Congrats, and welcome aboard!

Must seem like the end of a tunnel that went on forever.

Congrat's Greg!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(and you will let us know when you receive official notification on passing the Bar, won't you????)

Les is more

Wow!

Graduating, completing the bar exams with confidence and no posts in Other Topics for a solid month (and your permissions were on)!! That really shows that you're made of sterner stuff!

Heartfelt congratulations on setting and meeting your goals Greg. You can be very proud of what you've accomplished. I know I am!!!

Now if I only can find a good Bail Bondsman in CA, I am all set to ride there again.

Very Very happy for you amigo!

Kaisr

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Hey Greg, that just ROCKS!!

Now what? Take a few days off and then go conquer the world, eh?

russell_bynum
Anyone who's been around this place and has seen Greg's deeper-than-average perspective on things, knew that Greg had the innate ability to dissect issues deeper than most. A perfect mindset for a lawyer. And now he has the education to go along with that natural gift.

Congratulations, Greg. I know you'll use your talents and schooling well.

What he said. Nice going, Greg!

ericfoerster

I remember the post where you talked about going back to school. I knew it would be a short period of time and we’d be reading a post like this.

Congratulations on your hard work and dedication.

I remember the post where you talked about going back to school. I knew it would be a short period of time and we’d be reading a post like this.

I was thinking about that yesterday, in fact, Eric. Something like, "Anyone here gone to grad school at night?" That must have been sometime in late 2003. It's amazing how quickly it's gone by.

As to the queries about my plans, the short answer is, I have no idea. Friday, I went back to work, having eaten up my vacation during bar prep. Despite the constant refrain I hear that there should be lots of folks interested in someone with my background, so far, that only seems to apply to my current employer in my current position.

I promised the professor who oversaw my upper-division paper that I would work with her to prepare it for publication after the bar exam, so I guess that's next. From there, I'm probably waiting until November for bar results. Then, I'll start running the network of folks who've told me to let them know once I've passed the bar.

(Now, how can we teach him to love smileys???).

Not going to happen.......

Greg is a man of many words & thus (extremely rarely) finds the need for such trifle cartoons to convey his positions or feelings.

Couchrocket

Greg,

Since I let you use my shower in Santa Rosa, I'm now entitled to one free consult, right?

WAY TO GO!!!!!!! I'm with Les on this one, my feeling are of "heartfelt congrats!" Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Scott

Francois_Dumas

(Now, how can we teach him to love smileys???).

Not going to happen.......

Greg is a man of many words

Ah, that would explain why 'I' like the critters :/

Wheels Rollin'

Sincere congratulations to ya', Greg <>... To balance your life as you have -- work, family responsibilities, school (and... uh... your're involvement here <>) -- is an achievement not all could handle <>... Setting a goal and seeing it through in the face of what I suspect were occasional 'what-the-h**l-did-I-get-myself-into?' moments is a great feeling... So, enjoy your well-deserved accomplishment... There are many things we achieve in life that can be taken away from us with the blink of an eye or the stroke of a pen... Education, though, is one slippery little devil that... well... it just seems to get away from the evil clutch ev'ry time -- just as it should be, I think...

So now, your challenge? Do something memorable with what you've achieved -- and never look back <>...

~ Bill

AdventurePoser

Greg,

I remember talking with you when you entered law school, now, you are finishing, and to me, it seems like yesterday you started!

Congrats on earning your degree! Jennifer and I wish you the very best!

Steve in So Cal

Sorry a little late to the party......

Heartfelt Congratulations, Greg, well done and all that.

Now that you have that behind you, I am looking forward to your Perry Mason-like steeltrap arguments on frivilous subjects that make this board so unique.

Jurgen

ps. how about just one emoticom? for the doubters!

Archived