IGNORED

California is shaking again

blkvelvt

Les is more

It rolled through here. I felt two separate events within a minute or so of each other. Each lasted a few seconds. Definitely the swaying rolling type--like waves under a boat.

Les is more

I'm listening to a geological report right now. They've known this was due (or past due) but figured it would be more like a 7 or so. They're saying we're lucky.

The geologist says that the energy release of a 5.8 is nice but it's not much on the exponential scale of quake measurement.

Just a big jolt at my home/office her in Chino. Here and gone in about 5-7 seconds. It has been still since that event, no aftershocks that I've felt. All is good, no visible damage to report. :thumbsup:

Waitin' for the next one! :lurk:

Yeah, we're rockin' and rollin' out here in the desert!There's a very large set of mountians between the center and here and we still shook! Kinda puts ya in your place feeling sumthin' that big! :eek:

In Long Beach, my building rolled back and forth for about twenty seconds after the initial jolt. I jumped up and put on socks and shoes because I have this weird thing about being caught in a disaster w/o socks and shoes.

I'm listening to a geological report right now. They've known this was due (or past due) but figured it would be more like a 7 or so. They're saying we're lucky.

The geologist says that the energy release of a 5.8 is nice but it's not much on the exponential scale of quake measurement.

First time as a Californian where I left the building. The rolling is exactly the type the would break a building. Other long time Californians were leaving the building too.

10-15 seconds of rolling fun in the Valley today. My internal seismometer was working pretty well too. It felt like a 5.x to me.

I wish all earthquakes were like this: a good sizable release of energy without being destructive. I guess we won't fall into the ocean this year.

Down graded to a 5.4 about an hour or so after the quake rolled thru. I was sitting in my car when the car started shaking side to side. My first thought was, what the heck is going on with my car? It was almost like the engine was half running. Then I thought earthquake. When my car was shaking it reminded me of sitting on an old airhead/oilhead when you twist the throttle and it torques to the right. Silly huh?

Archived