IGNORED

What kinda bug izzis?

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

We're finding one of these every couple of days in our house:

3849.jpg

Small, maybe 3/16" from end to end.

Any idea what they are, and how we might control/eliminate the population?

3849.jpg.2e5eef7219c038dd8dcb14236bed9801.jpg

Les is more

It kinda looks like one of these-

grain_weevil_belly.jpg

Described like this-

(09/01/2004) Beetle Infestation

Hello, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and have found 40-50 beetles in my house in the past two weeks. They are everywhere ... upstairs, downstairs, bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms, etc, etc. They are approximately 1/4 inch (5-6 mm) in length and solid black. We've never seen them fly and believe that they don't have wings. I've included pictures. I found one larva. It was redish-brown and appeared striped

and identified as this-

You have one of the Grain Weevils. This is just one type of Pantry Beetle. Grain Weevils infest stored grain products. Weevils belong to the Family Curculionidae.
skinny_tom (aka boney)

does it do this when you stomp you foot right behind it?

Stink+Bug+01.jpg

If so, it's a stink bug.

Joe Frickin' Friday

grain_weevil_belly.jpg

Weird. What's with the color separation in that photo?

Your descriptions seem to match what we're finding, but if they're grain eaters, I don't understand why they're all over the house; only rarely do we find one wandering around in the actual kitchen.

In any event, I guess we'll be inspecting our dry goods sometime soon. Thanks for the info...

Francois_Dumas

We call them 'crash bugs' because they make a loud cracking sound when you really step on them hard...... if they're the same as the ones we have here, then they are VERY tough.

Wheels Rollin'
It's a SBB, Small Black Bug.

<>... I'm gonna remember this one, Bryant...

<>

Reminds me of ROTC Summer Camp and a few days with the Army Rangers near the end of my college career... Discussing amphibious assaults, the ol' Sarge described a small, inflatable rubber raft and referred to it as an 'RB-7'... Someone in our small group, confused by the reference and ingoring the devilish look in the Sarge's eyes, took the bait -- hook, line & sinker -- and sheepishly asked him what that stood for... With the straightest of faces, he deadpanned what I suspect was his well-practiced answer '... rubber boat... 7 man...' <>... There was a moment of silence as the questioner processed his answer, his head slowly shaking, his brows furrowed as if he'd just received the secret of life from an experienced traveler... Apparently satisfied with his discovery, he looked around at the rest of us at just the moment we all erupted into uncontrollable laughter <>... From that moment forward, he became 'RB' to all of us -- for eternity...

Thanks for triggering that nearly forgotten memory with your reply <>...

~ Bill

He looks like what we call a dung beetle. They hang around our Llama poo piles. They only get into our house if we bring them in with firewood.

James Clark

grain_weevil_belly.jpg

Weird. What's with the color separation in that photo?

Try these . . .

upimg5%5CPlastic-3D-Glasses_50915.jpg

.....HIJACK......

ROBOT CHICKEN ???? ..... ROBOT CHICKEN ??????

Your reaching waaaay out. :grin:

We're finding one of these every couple of days in our house:

3849.jpg

Small, maybe 3/16" from end to end.

Any idea what they are, and how we might control/eliminate the population?

Try this:

Throw it really hard against the windscreen of your motorbike (you might use a slingshot to attain the correct velocity). Maybe you can ID it from the splatter! :grin:

Wait !!! stop !!! do not harm these bugs, they could be a protected species., So Please !!! Please let them have full roam of your house, cabinets, sinks, and even your bed, at least till I get back with you. I am going on a motorcycle ride first and I should be back in let say hum a week to ten days. So please wait till I give you the word, and do not harm them repeat DO NOT HARM THEM in any way. But if I was you a would get the folks in the hood and play Pop Goes the Weasel, with them. LOL Have a good day and ride safe.

Archived