IGNORED

Dinner with a Whip..

Stir

I took my family on a two week road trip, one of the stops being San Antonio. I knew that Larry lived there so I PMed him and asked him if we could hook up. Man he's a nice guy. He offered up his home to us. I let him know that we had 7 people total. Without a hesitation, he still offered. I thanked him but we opted for a hotel right on the Riverwalk and within a stones throw from the Alamo. But we did agree to meet up for dinner.

Dinner at San Antonio.

We ended up meeting at a Cantina on the Riverwalk. Larry and his wife are the nicest people and very interesting to talk to. (Maybe it was the alcohol :grin: ) I know that I am way more interesting when I drink. :) The evening ended with Larry and I playing rock, paper, scissors for the tab. I really did not want to lose this game as I'm the one who asked to go out. After 3 rounds and me not jumping the gun, I finally won with... I forget.

The next day, the family went to the Alamo. Quite a place if you've never been. One of Larry's endeavors is across from the Alamo at Jacklope Jacks. I've been there before and liked the shop even before I knew it was Larry's.

The biggest thing though is I wanted to meet the guy who puts us all up on the 50cc and in some small way, thank him for being a part of our community. Someday, I hope I get enough stars to line up and do a 50cc. I'll definitely bunk at Larry's.

barryNmarin

Yep, Larry and Louise take in all of the strays! How many dogs is it now Whip?? Seriously though, the Whips are definitely salt of the earth. I'll probably never do a 50CC but I know that there would be a spot on the couch if I ever happened to pass through San Antonio.

bakerzdosen

Oh, he's gonna LOVE this thread. :)

(Though I do agree about all of the nice things said about him/them.)

I have to make it out to the ranch one of these days. Of course, being a small business owner, the stores (etc) are more of his home anyway. :dopeslap:

Thanks for the kind words.......

I hate Rock, Paper, Scissors.......I'm 0 for 2.....

It was great getting to meet Michael and his wonderful family and friends.

Next time we're gonna flip a coin for the bill. :thumbsup:

Whip

The evening ended with Larry and I playing rock, paper, scissors for the tab.

+1 on Larry being a nice guy but he is also a sneaky one. When my wife and I met Larry and Louise for dinner I wanted to thank him for "dealing with me" on my 50CC and pick up the tab for dinner. I went back and found the waiter who told me that the bill was already paid.

Mark

+1 on Larry being a nice guy but he is also a sneaky one. When my wife and I met Larry and Louise for dinner I wanted to thank him for "dealing with me" on my 50CC and pick up the tab for dinner. I went back and found the waiter who told me that the bill was already paid.

Mark

Yeah, he tried that with me but despite the drinks, I parried.

Firefight911

Mark

They are good! They came to see us and spend time with us two years ago. We took them out to a fine dining restaurant and I gave my card to the waitress AS WE WERE BEING SEATED!!!!!!!

End of meal, etc. and the waitress hands the William folder to Louise. I interject and the waitress heads me off with this gem - "You were quicker and gave me your card first but, she's a lady and looks like she could be meaner. I'm not messing with her. Good luck!" She then walked off.

They are very well equipped to thwart the best of us. Be warned future travelers and diners with the Whip clan!!! The are "doggedly" good at the game they play!!!!!

Mark

They are good! They came to see us and spend time with us two years ago. We took them out to a fine dining restaurant and I gave my card to the waitress AS WE WERE BEING SEATED!!!!!!!

End of meal, etc. and the waitress hands the William folder to Louise. I interject and the waitress heads me off with this gem - "You were quicker and gave me your card first but, she's a lady and looks like she could be meaner. I'm not messing with her. Good luck!" She then walked off.

They are very well equipped to thwart the best of us. Be warned future travelers and diners with the Whip clan!!! The are "doggedly" good at the game they play!!!!!

And looking at them, you'd never suspect! Why, they totally look innocent.

Firefight911

And looking at them, you'd never suspect! Why, they totally look innocent.

And thems the ones you need to worry about!!!!

whip...when we finally meet and break bread it's on me, but if you're gonna argue we'll go to the old standby...liars poker with $1 bill. fair and square.

Archived