IGNORED

Out in the middle of Nowhere is kind of nice

azkaisr

I took the Mr G. out for a ride. The Good News he brought me back, The Bad news is that the transmission is still not working right (no 3rd gear) so back to the shop he goes in the morning. The new bump stops made a huge difference and the truck in 4x4 mode worked like a dream on one of the hardest roads I have driven in a long time.

339826107_kAiTA-L.jpg

339824860_ZX2w2-L.jpg

The rest of the tale is on the blog Worthy Universe is Here

Nice!

FYI

Sounds like a great day. I always worry about flash floods when I'm out and about like too. Only been caught once, but that's why there's always enough food, water, gear for an overnighter. I'm still learning though. Next time I'll have to add some Coors. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Link Jan

We all took sleeping bags, and even a couple of tents. I had enough food and water in the trooper for a few days as well. We knew it was just a day trip, but we were ready for anything.

barryNmarin

Tommy, I really enjoyed your tale and photos. Glad Mr. G didn't leave your party stranded. There are some great deals out there on new trucks if you can get beyond your emotional attachment to Mr. G.

Wikipedia: 'A pony is a small horse'

That's it, the egregious equine embargo exists no longer, new bumper sticker - We Stop For Horses.

Calvin  (no socks)

Didn't you just get that trans overhauled/exchanged/refurbished?

Tom, make sure they know exactly when it acts up... hot, sustained trip temperature, just started, first shifts, after driving 45 mph for 10 miles ..etc.... :lurk:

How is the 3rd brake light repair holding out... the warranty is close to expiration and I don't want my name dragged thru the mud... :grin:

Didn't you just get that trans overhauled/exchanged/refurbished?

Tom, make sure they know exactly when it acts up... hot, sustained trip temperature, just started, first shifts, after driving 45 mph for 10 miles ..etc.... :lurk:

How is the 3rd brake light repair holding out... the warranty is close to expiration and I don't want my name dragged thru the mud... :grin:

I dropped the Mr. G at the shop this morning on the way in. The problem only happens during sustained trips, and at high temp. My shop is going to run the codes and get back to me. It is a new (remanufactured) Transmission and is under full warranty.

Tommy, I really enjoyed your tale and photos. Glad Mr. G didn't leave your party stranded. There are some great deals out there on new trucks if you can get beyond your emotional attachment to Mr. G.

Yeah, Whip says the same thing. I really need to look at a few things from a finance perspective as well. I am trying to pay off the house and have some teeth work being done this month so I am really hoping that the Mr. G can get me through one more year. There is a bit of attachment to the truck for sure. He has always gotten me home. Even if it was limping home.

Will let you know what I do.

Wikipedia: 'A pony is a small horse'

That's it, the egregious equine embargo exists no longer, new bumper sticker - We Stop For Horses.

Except on Indian Reservations. Now the Old abandoned car embargo is still fully in effect.

I could have sworn that ponies were a different species......

Wheels Rollin'
The rest of the tale is on the blog Worthy Universe is Here

V-e-r-y nice, as always, Tom... You have a real gift -- thanks so much for sharing it as freely as you do with the rest of us <>...

~ Bill

P.S. Always love your pictures too! <>...

There is a bit of attachment to the truck for sure. He has always gotten me home. Even if it was limping home.
Tommy,

I started to reply last night, but here it is now... I also owned a Trooper - mine new in 1998 but not long enough to have mechanical problems. I will say that Troopers (Bighorns outside USA) are quite capable stock and were greatly underrated in this fickle market. Hope you get the truck repaired for not too much $$. My main 4x4 is shown below and my daily driver is likewise a 4x4 in Nissan Frontier Nismo garb. So it seems I like playing in the dirt - just not so much by moto! :/

PS: Who can tell me specifically where this picture was taken? :Cool:

Jeff

309534585.jpg

Archived