IGNORED

Anybody have the high seat on their GS?

H C Edwards

H C Edwards

The stock seat on my GS is fine for 300 miles or so, but a recent 400 mile ride had my tail bone aching from that hard ridge beneath the padding at rear of the driver's seat. I thought maybe a high seat would have more padding there, and fix the problem. My butt isn't very particular when it comes to seats...stock seats have always been fine for me. The high seat from BMW would be more economical than a custom seat. Anybody tried one?

The ass hurts exactly in the same spot... what the hell was bmw thinking not putting more padding on that spot. I also have the seat in the high postition and i feel the seat is also tilted a little to far forward putting more pressure on my wrists than necessary... dopeslap.gif

i feel the seat is also tilted a little to far forward putting more pressure on my wrists than necessary
Not specific to the OP's original question (sorry) and you may already know this, but contrary to BMW's instructions, the factory seat can be used with the front adjuster in the high position and the rear adjuster in the low position. Helps with the slide forward thing.

I can see the magazine review now, "We test the 2020 BMW R1800RT!" And the story continues, "This is a perfect bike in nearly every way. Our only nagging complaint is the way we slide forward on the factory seat."

H C Edwards

Bummer, KDude. I was hoping the extra padding would solve that. I've had the front setting on high, and the rear one on low, since the day I brought it home, Ken. I learned that from my RT. It does solve the slide forward issue nicely.

I've got the new Aeroflow half fairing coming. According to UPS, delivery will be Thursday. (The Cee Bailey +6 and Tobinators helped a lot, but I'm still holding out for near-RT airflow on my head.) If that solves the air flow management gripe, a custom seat will be next on the list. If it doesn't, I may be going back to the RT fold, in which case the seat will be a moot point.

Archived