IGNORED

RIP Randy Pausch ("Last Lecture")

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

Randy Pausch, famous as the professor who gave an upbeat "Last Lecture" in spite of facing terminal illness, has died of pancreatic cancer. He was 47.

article

Firefight911

A true inspiration of a man. His family, though distraught over their loss, will no doubt hold their head high over a man who faced fear and beat it down in the most noble of ways.

Side bar - Just watched the movie 'The Bucket List' with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson last night. I recommend it as a good movie to reflect on your past and to motivate your future!

RIP

I love his quote:

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully."

Godspeed Randy, and our prayers for your family.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Early on he said that the Last Lecture would be his legacy. Little did he know that it would turn into various speaking engagements along with a best selling book (bought one for Dad). Hopefully his family can use the money to make the heartache a little less painful.

During 30 years of practicing oncology, I cared for countless men and women with terminal cancer. There were some of all ages who died with the grace, strength, and dignity of Randy Pausch. However, none were able to express, as Prof. Rausch did, what is truely important in life. He must have been an extremely gifted man and an unfathomable loss to his family, friends, students, and all of us who will learn from his wisdom and as an model for living and dying. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Archived