IGNORED

Financial Literacy

PRC

Hello all...

As part of my job description, I have to design a program to teach Financial Literacy to Jr. High and High School students. I was provided this link http://www.samgoller.com/Sam%20Goller/YYC-RFAK.html as reference by a good friend. It was taken from our DB. Does anyone remember this person or contact info? I can't seem to find a personal contact location and all other efforts have been unsuccessful.

TIA

ALso try the Us Gov't web site, they have some great free publications. This is not new ground, it is well traveled and their are many resources available for research.

Thanks Mark, I appreciate it a ton. If you come to BRR, 1st rounds on me!

That goes for you too Matt!

If there's a Consumer Credit Counseling Service agency in your area, you might check with that agency to see if they have an education coordinator whose brain you might pick for ideas, materials, etc. The agency on whose board I served dedicated a lot of resources to education and preventive measures. The subject matter is very important, but seems to get short shrift in schools. In fact, I was surprised that the local schools weren't more welcoming of the programming that our agency would provide for free. Financial literacy is a worthy cause; good luck with it.

Thanks for your suggestion Joel.

The subject matter is very important, but seems to get short shrift in schools......Financial literacy is a worthy cause; good luck with it.

You're so right. Maybe if they had more insight, maybe the country would be having the financial (mortgage) mess it is now.

Have a great day.

Archived