IGNORED

R1200RT display

Tucker2930

Anyone have small dots or dashes in the lower right on display. Just right of clock. Do they mean anything? Sorry for bad pic. See attachment

530903-MVC-005S12.jpg.88036b00adac538e7c80a177d8d1548d.jpg

The rear seat heater is on - switch is under the seat & if you're riding one up, it's easy to not notice it's turned on - it's happened to me several times, especially after removing the seat for some reason.

Just rechecked. When seat is "on" one or two dots come on closest to clock. I think the dots on far right must show when grips are "on". Turned grips "on" and man they get hot. I think its showing my grips are "on". Well back to dealer for round 2.

dots on the left of the "seat icon" signify riders seat heater is on. Dots on to the right of the icon signify that the passengers seat heater is on.

One dot means "low", two dots mean "high"

The rear seat heater is on - switch is under the seat & if you're riding one up, it's easy to not notice it's turned on - it's happened to me several times, especially after removing the seat for some reason.

Thanks I finally found the rear seat switch and it was "on". dopeslap.gif

Dots to the right of the symbol indicate that the pillion seat is on (one dot, low, two dots, high). Dots to the left of the symbol are for the riders seat.

Its common for the switch for the pillion seat to be tripped when you remove and then go to replace the seat, as it seems to bump against the frame. Found this out when doing a test drive on the R12RT. The demo person had shown us all the features of the new bike, and when taking it for a spin, my wife kept complaining "it's HOT back here". Had to search for the switch to turn off the bun warmers.

Archived