IGNORED

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

Bheckel169

I may be late to the dance but had an opportunity to read Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now" and subsequent books and found his message to be incredibly compelling given that when we're riding we find ourselves at some special moments in the "now" of the ride. No "chatter" going on in our head, no dreaming about things that might be and no reflections on our past. A good thing too since we should all be focused on our riding.

Tolle has become something of a cult figure worldwide and I must admit there were moments when I thought he was a little "out there", but I found so many more moments of "my god, that's exactly right", it was well worth the read.

I think anything that helps us to focus on the "now" makes good sense in all aspects of our life.

Bruce

Wheels Rollin'
I may be late to the dance...

That's not the important thing, Bruce -- the fact you actually made it 'to the dance' is <>... Anyway, isn't it amazing how much we experience in life can be tied back to riding in some manner? I think it's an attitude of openness -- seeing something before us as more than just that... Sometimes, that really is all it is -- something in front of us -- and nothing more... An' yet, other times? A real 'a-ha' moment in all its glory... Ya' know, I've always believed '... Knowledge without practical application is useless...', so when I read things like you've written, I challenge myself to take something away from it and figure a way to apply it to my own life... My takeaway? A timely reminder to be in the moment as much as possible before... well... before all I know simply slips away into the mist of a fading memory...

~ Bill

I recently started this book and soon realized I needed to slow down and savor it. I find myself rereading passages to fully grasp the beauty and message of its text. I'm not far enough into it to make a meaningful critique, but so far so good.

Archived