IGNORED

Bikeless in Seattle.....

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

..... as a change from the famous movie title.

Well, not Seattle, but rather Holland. We had to leave the bike (and trailer) in France when we dashed back home to see Mom and help Dad.... and now we're 'stuck'. The situation here may not change much over the next days/weeks, months even (?) and that means we can't go back to France.... the Summer riding season will be shot by the time we can.

There are more important things in life, but we really were looking forward to 4 weeks of riding adventures in the Alps. Now I can't even go on a riding tour in the evening...... and taking the Jeep just isn't the same :dopeslap:

Oh well..... I'll be writing a lot I guess, for lack of better things to do :/

Calvin  (no socks)

Francois, get a bicycle and ride with Nina.

Note: Keep her from falling into the water.....

Then you will be in great shape when you do get the bike back...Calvin

Wheels Rollin'
We had to leave the bike (and trailer) in France when we dashed back home to see Mom and help Dad.... and now we're 'stuck'.

What's the distance between where your bike is and where you are, Francois? A friend in need is a friend indeed... The point? Perhaps someone could drive your bike | trailer back to you... For what it's worth, I'd be willing to do that for you <>... Perhaps someone else within your circle would be willing to do the same...

There are more important things in life

The fact of the matter is that you're right -- there are more important things in life... Just think of the additional planning | prep time you'll have -- and the heightened expectation for next time... Ya' know, the older we all get, 'next time' takes on an urgency we seldom experienced in our younger days <>... Put that urgency to good work <>...

~ Bill

P.S. Continued thoughts and well wishes to you and Nina regarding Mom...

[snip] We had to leave the bike (and trailer) in France when we dashed back home to see Mom and help Dad.... and now we're 'stuck'. The situation here may not change much over the next days/weeks, months even (?) and that means we can't go back to France.... the Summer riding season will be shot by the time we can.

There are more important things in life, [snip]

Oh well..... I'll be writing a lot I guess, for lack of better things to do :/

Well perhaps God (or insert supreme entity of your choice/belief HERE) removed this distraction to allow you to complete Mom's book or at least the next few chapters.

Also if Bill's suggestion of help in the form of a good Samaritan delivering your RT back to you does not pan out, then Calvin's suggestion of a bicycle is not all that bad.

After all, (for me) time spent on a bike is therapy regardless of the horse power involved :thumbsup:

Keep your chin up and take care of your mother. I missed a couple of summers riding when my parents passed on and I don't regret them at all. There is plenty of time and many roads to ride after they are gone.

Francois_Dumas

Heheh.... true... and I DID finish the book and am now waiting anxiously for it to be printed and delivered !

Oh, I have a bicycle alright... hate the darn thing.. it has a stock saddle !!!! :(

yabadabapal

Sorry about your misfortune. But in the mean time a bicycle is a great way to travel and be healthy. Just pretend it's a motorcycle without an engine. I do it all the time.

Wheels Rollin'
Just pretend it's a motorcycle without an engine. I do it all the time.

Playing cards on the spokes? <>... Guilty when I was a wee lad <>... Seemed to fulfill the need on a succession of Schwins <>...

~ Bill

Heheh.... true... and I DID finish the book and am now waiting anxiously for it to be printed and delivered !

You are a good son :)

NOW you can go outside and play until supper (in my best motherly tone) :grin:

Oh, I have a bicycle alright... hate the darn thing.. it has a stock saddle !!!! :(

Here you go.

Good luck deciding on one....... Lets see: Eeny, meeny, miny, moe :dopeslap:

P.S. Great news about the book :clap:

I asked Dianne if she'd mind if I flew to France and rode the bike back to your house for you. It seemed like the least a friend could do!

I'm glad I have a comfortable couch, I'll be sleeping on it for a while yet! :dopeslap::/

I use to put playing cards in my bike spokes too! You brought back fun memories!!

Still have you and yours in our thoughts Francois! :wave:

Archived