IGNORED

Hooray! My wife is unemployed!

stubble!

About six months ago, when our son was about 6 months old, my wife returned to work two days a week. On those days, I drove the little guy to my sister's house on the way to work. Two other days a week I often work from home, so that left one day a week to ride. And as anyone with a baby knows I don't get out much on the weekends either.

So we finally decided to make a go of it on one income, and she quit! Now I'm back on the bike every time I commute, at least three days a week. It's grand, I tell you, just grand!

Now we get to see if she goes nutty without an outside job. So far so good, but I know it will be a challenge for her. She got a lot of personal satisfaction from her work.

Firefight911

:clap::clap::clap:

Good for you two!!!! Looking forward to that post form our family at some point. That way I can ride more too. Errrr, I actually mean, so WE can ride more!!!!!! Whew! That was close.

Maybe we can find her a nice Discussion Board to run so she can get some of that personal satisfaction back! :)

My wife found a lot of activities as a stay at home mom. Mother's day out, Junior women's club, church activities. By the time our son started school, she was doing so much volunteer work that it amounted to a full time job.

Francois_Dumas

Nina built her own career working from home starting 3 years into our marriage and she's had a lot of satisfaction from that. Time for our daughter (always around), contacts with customers...... AND income..... worked out great for these past 30 odd years... :thumbsup: I was the one that was jealous for many of those !! :D

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Hey Sebastian, I thought that I'd mention that I think it's fantastic that your wife will be there with the kid as much as possible. It seems almost "old fashioned" to go the "one income" way, and I know a bunch of people who do, but their kids really benefit from it. Good for you (and your family!)

That is GREAT news for everyone! I hope it works out for your wife... she is the one now with the most challenging job... BUT also the most rewarding! And some of those rewards she wouldn't realize for a few years :). I think she is WONDERFUL!

J-

Thanks for the kind words and support. It will be a challenge financially, but I think we can pull it off if we're careful and limit our luxuries. I'm hanging on to the bike, but I'd get rid of it if the chips were down. Hopefully it won't come to that. :) The two-income economy is tough. But we know it makes a difference or our son. Plus I get to ride more! Bonus! :)

Maybe we can find her a nice Discussion Board to run so she can get some of that personal satisfaction back! :)

I am quite interested to see what she does. Not that there's any free time or anything, but I do see her needing something to focus on that's not little Tony. Of all my concerns, I think that's the biggest. She's a foodie at heart, and I expect that's the direction she'll take. So far she's getting more and more into our garden and locating other sources of local organic food. She's getting to be a regular groupie at a couple of local farms. We're eating well, and getting to know our community in a new light. It's a neat shift.

Hey Sebastian, I thought that I'd mention that I think it's fantastic that your wife will be there with the kid as much as possible. It seems almost "old fashioned" to go the "one income" way, and I know a bunch of people who do, but their kids really benefit from it. Good for you (and your family!)

+1

Archived