IGNORED

Video editing software

Bullett

Corel Video Studio 11.5 (formerly called Ulead Video Studio). I got version 4 with a firewire card in 2000. The newest version is not very different - and actually seems to have lost a few features. But it handles HD. I am content with it. About $100 by download from Corel. Some results (no motorcycles) at: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ronstewtsaw . The High-Def output from this software is very good, so please don't judge the output picture quality by the youtube results.

I hear that Microsoft Movie Maker is good enough for most casual users, although I have not tried it. Comes free with Vista, but I think you can download it for XP.

Warning - this stuff requires a fast computer or a lot of patience.

russell_bynum

Mine are all done with Windows Movie Maker. It's free and easy to use. Features are limited, but so is my creativity, so that works out OK.

If you actually have creative abilities (and I'd say you do, based on what we've seen of your pictures), Premiere Elements is the way to go.

On Windows I'd use Windows Movie Maker first, then if that didn't cut it for you I would head straight for Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

On the Mac, same sentence applies, just replace "WMM" with "iMovie" and "Vegas" with "Final Cut Express"

:)

DavidEBSmith

Another vote for Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It's also a good audio/video conversion tool, comes with good DVD building software, installs cleanly and doesn't gum up your system, and they have a liberal licensing policy - you can install the software on as many machines as you own so long as you only run it on one at a time.

Archived