IGNORED

Pave the world (or at least more of my back yard)

OoPEZoO

Yesterday I got in contact with a friend of a friend who gave me a deal to expand and repave my driveway that I just couldn't pass up. I got home from work today and found a beautiful new driveway. Thought I'd post up some before and after pics. Looks almost big enough for a tech day now naughty.gif

Before

Driveway-02.jpg

After

Driveway-19.jpg

Before

Driveway-03.jpg

After

Driveway-18.jpg

Before

Driveway-09.jpg

After

Driveway-13.jpg

Wanna sell the E30?

:grin:

Please.....I can't keep the transmission from puking oil out of the rear main seal. The NICE E30 is kept in the garage

russell_bynum
Wanna sell the E30?

Please.....I can't keep the transmission from puking oil out of the rear main seal. The NICE E30 is kept in the garage

Mine's leaking trans oil out of either the output shaft seal or the gear selector shaft seal. I just replaced the gear selector shaft seal while I was doing everything else to the car but I haven't had a chance to get under it since then to see if it's actually stopped.

Now that the suspension and driveline are in good shape on mine, it's developed a bad misfire any time it idles for very long. usually you can clear it by running the piss out of it for a while, but the last couple of days it's lingered. I gotta pull the plugs and see which cylinder is the culprit and I'll go from there.

I've also got a colossal engine oil leak somewhere up high on the front of the engine. I plan on looking into that the next time I do the timing belt. Until then I just keep pouring more in every time the light comes on. :)

Wanna sell the E30?

Mine's leaking trans oil out of either the output shaft seal or the gear selector shaft seal. I just replaced the gear selector shaft seal while I was doing everything else to the car but I haven't had a chance to get under it since then to see if it's actually stopped.

Now that the suspension and driveline are in good shape on mine, it's developed a bad misfire any time it idles for very long. usually you can clear it by running the piss out of it for a while, but the last couple of days it's lingered. I gotta pull the plugs and see which cylinder is the culprit and I'll go from there.

I've also got a colossal engine oil leak somewhere up high on the front of the engine. I plan on looking into that the next time I do the timing belt. Until then I just keep pouring more in every time the light comes on. :)

My original tranny didn't leak a drop, but it lunched itself about a year and a half ago with around 220k miles on it. I then put in a used tranny I found and have since installed 2 selector shaft seals and 4 rear main seals. It refuses to cooperate, and I'm getting really tired of crawling around underneath it. Now my whole drive train from the transmission flange to the exhaust to tip is very well rust protected. The engine doesn't leak oil, but it smokes like a diesel due to severely shot valve guide seals and piston rings.

So Keith, when is said Tech Daze?

And will the 3-point line be dry by then?

Matt.......I'm thinking next spring

and, yes......the 3 pt line should be dry by then

Ok Tom, gauntlet has been thrown! You and me in a game of Horse during Keith's soon to be announced Tech Day. Be there and bring wine!!! :wave:

Matt.......I'm thinking next spring

and, yes......the 3 pt line should be dry by then

Real ballers get their work done way inside the 3-point line. :grin:

Seriously, nice looking new macadam you have there. I wouldn't park the E30 on it either.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Ok Tom, gauntlet has been thrown! You and me in a game of Horse during Keith's soon to be announced Tech Day. Be there and bring wine!!! :wave:

Aw crap! That's a big order to fill. Pennsylvania is only 2 days from here, but still, I wonder if Gabby will let me away.

Aw crap! That's a big order to fill. Pennsylvania is only 2 days from here, but still, I wonder if Gabby will let me away.

two days for you, 1 for me... I'll be well rested!

interesting keith....just had mine paved about 6 weeks ago. we live in a somewhat rural area and for years put up with a troublesome driveway. mostly while we remodeled the whole property. finally pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier. ours is approx 275' long with a pad area area 35'x45'. what a diff. only problem in florida is the aspahalt setting up. no horses walking on it for 6 months and no turning the vehicle wheels unless in motion for a couple months.

congrats...know how you feel.

Looks Great! Now get busy and get some oil or grease on on that thing!

Oh, not a problem.......that will be taken car of as soon as I move the E30 back to its normal space. Then I will have a nice mixture of transmission oil, coolant, and power steering fluid. Kinda almost makes me want to repair the leaks.......almost

Archived