IGNORED

Newest Member Of the Family

Les is more

Les is more

No. Not more baby pictures. It's two more months to the next Kaylee update. :grin:

Our dog Maggie, whom most of you know from this picture, 3538656-M.jpg

is 12 years old now. Jamie and I have been dicussing getting another Dog while Maggie is still around to help us teach good habits and tricks. As we say, nature provided and our dear friends who care for Maggie when we're on the road, hooked us up with a friend of theirs.

This guy had a 14 week old puppy dumped in his front yard and was unable to keep her. We went to our friend's home to get Maggie after the UN. The guy with the pup made arrangements to have her there for us to meet. When we arrived, she and Maggie were getting along famously. We were smitten and Frieda became the newest member of the household.

After a swim in the pool 333043418_DrQ2Z-L.jpg

Sharing secrets with Maggie

333045430_sk5iT-L.jpg

Ironically, the day after we got Frieda, we took Maggie to the vet to have what we thought was a lipoma or fatty tumor removed , only to find out that it's a mast cell cancer. So, we have Maggie, our boon companion for 12 years, while her quality of life lasts. She's a great dog and we're lucky that she's here to school Frieda in the ways of cool dog behavior.

dig the ears!!! frieda does not know what an elizabethian (sp) collar is. she appears to think she's meeting an alien!

Congrats on the new addition.

Getting a younger friend for my older dog was a wonderful success. The transformation in the old lady was remarkable, it took years off her outlook.

Congrats on Frieda. Sorry to hear about Maggie though. She is the coolest dog. I hope you get a lot more time with her.

That touched a heart string Les,

Ginger is going on 17, she was our "first child" before the kids came along. She can only see shadows and is deaf but her nose knows when the cheese drawer is open. She's reverted to puppy hood throwing her kibbles in the air to make sure they're dead before eating them.

She's slowing down quite a bit now and we know it is only a matter of time before... :cry: We've been holding off on another dog until she passes on.

We've witnessed a few generations pass, and seen the positive effects the seniors can have on the juniors. It does soften the sadness of a senior's passing, although only a bit. Best wishes for our entire household as this circle of life continues.

Couchrocket

Les,

Patricia has a bad case of "puppy envy" . . . that cute little face just bowled her over.

Congrats... :thumbsup:

When did you get a pool?

I dig the pooch! And I can't wait to see what Patricia gets for a dog either!

Happy for you guys! Maggie is amazing and along with the seven tail ranch is always one of my favorite hounds. Even if she did spend time with Richard.

I hate dogs..... :grin:

53415275_qTLtP-L.jpg

Whip

I can tell by the way they avoid you. :grin:

Oh Leslie cute dog. She is lucky to go to such a nice home.

:clap: and :cry:

Maggie is a really nice dog, I look forward to meeting Frieda.

After reading Francois's post regarding his Mom( :cry:) , I was looking for a :clap: to balance out my day.

The news about Maggie unbalances things :cry:

Great face! How could you not want that puppy?

We did the same thing recently. We have an older dog who is the smartest guy you'd every want to know so we thought he'd be a good teacher. We went to the Asheville, NC Humane Society and saved a life and found a new friend. Rose is a mixed breed, part lab and the other half Plott Hound which is the state dog of North Carolina. So, she has the brindle colors of the Plott Hound and the smarts and loving nature of the lab. Good mix and great fun.

Bruce

a sMALL God moment.. eh? Literally....good for you - she'll be a wonderful addition to your family.

mOOSE is getting the urge to get another weim to go with our (new to us) 4 yr old Silvia. Time will tell - but my bet is that it'll be sooner than later...talks about it almost every night now -- that's always a good sign.. (I think)

It was good to see you two at the "UN" too...never enough time to really commune - but time enough to get/give a hug and smile alot.

Les is more

We don't have a pool. You never showed up to help dig it. :(

Our friend Patrick has the pool and apparently Frieda likes to swim. Grab a shovel.

bakerzdosen

Well hopefully Frieda will sleep through the night and not require constant feeding...

Oh wait, that's something entirely different. :)

Congrats you two (four).

She is precious!! Sooooo cute! :grin:

I know what you are going thru with Maggie. I have a kitty with the same issues. He has already had 1 ear removed. May need the other one removed will find out soon.

I like seeing baby pictures too!!!! :clap:

Les, would you please give Maggie a kiss on the top of her head from me? She's a great dog, and I want to send you all some positive energy.

Frieda is just plain cute! Congratulations.

dig the ears!!! frieda does not know what an elizabethian (sp) collar is. she appears to think she's meeting an alien!
Frieda isn't that far off!

Have you ever met Maggie? She IS an alien!

Like Mork (from Ork) she's funny, friendly, and just a teeny bit weird...

(Looking for a photo of her rump-elevated greeting to insert here...) :D

Leslie - the puppy looks like a fantastic find! I'm so sad to hear the Maggie's health isn't so hot. She IS a sweetheart... :cry:

We are dog people too... interesting how the right dogs find the right people. We all need each other..

Congratulations.

Joe Frickin' Friday

This pic has always made me laugh:

3538656-M.jpg

I've never seen a dog sitting on her butt like that, with her hind legs off to one side. Sad now to hear that her remaining time with you will be so limited. :cry:

And then there's this shot:

333043418_DrQ2Z-L.jpg

I don't know if it's the shadows, the eyes, or the ears, or all three, but something there speaks of a great desire for mischief. Brace yourselves... :grin:

Sharing secrets with Maggie

333045430_sk5iT-L.jpg

Yeah ... no doubt sharing fashion secrets!

May the time you have with Maggie be much longer than you can even hope! Frieda is really cute and seems a sweet pooch.

Les is more

That side saddle sit is apparently a Boxer trait. Maggie pulls to the left. :) She's half Boxer.

Another Boxer trait is bop 'til you drop. That is to say, they tend to act like puppies to the very end. Maggie is holding true. I'm laughing and laughing watching the two "puppies" play and chase each other.

The reality is that Frieda flies around the house, Maggie gives chase for 10 or so strides and then waits for the pup to come past again. If Maggie gets to close to catching her, Frieda dives under a table or behind a chair where she knows "conehead" can't go. :grin:

Archived