IGNORED

Parking lights R12RT

pigtrotters

pigtrotters

My dealer said that the parking lights (as per the book) are non functioning at this stage. He then called to say that he had word back from Germany that they are functioning and what BMW forgot to say is that you have to hold the left indicator on for at least three seconds to get them to work. I tried it and mine work fine. Not sure if all yooooz other R12 owners knew this or not. clap.gif

R4ND0M_AX3

My R12ST manual says how to turn on the "side lights" but I had to figure out the three second part on my own. But it does work.

I assume you just hold the left indicator for three seconds to cancel this out as well ?

Steve

R4ND0M_AX3
I assume you just hold the left indicator for three seconds to cancel this out as well ?

Steve

To turn on :

Switch ignition off and soon after hold down the left turn signal for a few seconds until the lights turn on.

To turn off:

Switch ignition on then off.

R4ND0M_AX3

The turn signals also work when the hazards are on. You just have to hold the turn switch ono. After you relase the 4-ways resume. Something my CS didn't do.

Interestingly, on the R1200GS there is no hold needed. Just push the left button. You'd think they would be standardized in their implementation on the new bikes. Weird.

"You'd think they would be standardized "

I think they found too many people accidentally knocked the switch and left their lights on - it now has to be a more deliberate action.

Paul

i'm undecided on the emergency flasher feature where if you press both turn signals it activates the emergency flashers. I like that they turn on, but would prefer that they either turn off when you release them or if you press the turn cancel button. On my 04, after releasing you would be left with one signal flashing (which wasn't ideal either) but i find it easier to cancel with the cancel button rather than reaching for the emergency flasher button to turn them off.

Archived