IGNORED

How not to haul a 5th wheel!

glockster

Nice.. I think he "Got 'er done"...

Then I clicked on the "Tennis match panty change"..

Is that Ron Wood in the background??

MB>

Yikes :eek:

Did some digging around & found this...

Truck/Travel Trailer Crashes Texas State Bank- July 2, 2008

At approximately 3 PM, Tuesday, July 2, a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer, hit the corner of the Texas State Bank Drive-In on Tenaha Street, causing the complete awning to come to the ground. Luckily, the driver of the Dodge, Mickey Miller, of Garrison and his 10 year old son were able to exit their vehicle uninjured.

According to Miller he was circling the bank to park on the other side when the corner of his travel trailer caught the corner of the bank awning. Next thing he heard was a rumble as the awning started falling against his driver's side door. Somehow he was able to unbuckle the seat beat and exit the other side of his truck as it was falling.

-------

LOL...That's my bank in Center, Tx. I have two videos that are great that were also taken by the bank cameras..I just don't know how to post them..Fortunately no one killed..A friend of mine had just left the drive through only minutes before this..

Both truck and travel trailer were brand spanking new...I'm talking like a day old and they were leaving out for their first big adventure....They just didn't know how short it would be... :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday

My parents (retired) regularly go on long trips with a similar rig. Three times now my dad has wrecked the cowling over the rooftop A/C unit; I guess when you don't drive a big-rig full time, you tend to forget how tall your trailer is.

Frankly, I was surprised at how fragile the structure was. I would have thought the columns would have some steel inside that was fastened at either top or bottom to accept some bending loads; the whole thing might have shifted off its foundations, but it would not have collapsed like that.

I had friends retire and go on the road. When they finally got to their new home in Oregon the wife sent a email about the misadventures of the motor home and what was in for repair. Air conditioning unit among the numerous. The husband driver is young, still in his 50's. Just lack of attention and inexperience. Sense...not so common! :eek:

ShovelStrokeEd
9.8m/sec^2.

It's the law!

Only on planet earth... near sea level.

Actually, it is close enough. Latidude has about as much effect as altitude. 9.82 at the poles, on the equator at 9.78. On the top of Mt. Everest, it is still around 9.77. Even in earth orbit, the acceleration is around 8.82 at 400 kilometer altitude, which is why astronauts have to go really, really fast to achieve free fall.

Lone_RT_rider
My parents (retired) regularly go on long trips with a similar rig. Three times now my dad has wrecked the cowling over the rooftop A/C unit; I guess when you don't drive a big-rig full time, you tend to forget how tall your trailer is.

And knowing the stories of your parents, there are more than a few dents on the bottom of that thing as well. :eek::dopeslap:

I really think your Dad needs to modify a 5 ton 6X6 military vehicle and just be done with it. :grin::thumbsup:

Shawn

I saw a similar situation with a gas station roof covering the pumps and a Uhaul truck. I found out that the people who rented the Uhaul declined the insurance coverage and it cost them about $5K to repair the awning. Major OUCH there for sure!!

9.8m/sec^2.

It's the law!

Only on planet earth... near sea level.

Actually, it is close enough. Latidude has about as much effect as altitude. 9.82 at the poles, on the equator at 9.78. On the top of Mt. Everest, it is still around 9.77. Even in earth orbit, the acceleration is around 8.82 at 400 kilometer altitude, which is why astronauts have to go really, really fast to achieve free fall.

I feel like I'm at my online class. How fast do flying monkeys fly?

And we contemplate graduated motorcycle licenses? Sheesh! :/

Last month I was driving (car) home on a fairly twisty road and this fool with a similar rig came around one of the tighter curves at about 25 mph faster than he should have been going. Terri and I looked agast at the trailer skidding and tipping towards us (on the outside lane) as I maneuvered wide, off the road. I looked back as soon as I could to see if it tipped over. It was still teeter-tottering down the road. Even when it trailed properly the driver didn't even stop.

So, I not only DID NOT have the opportunity for a few choice words, but we didn't even get to see the mess that must surely lie about in his trailer. I hope he broke and damaged a bunch in his trailer as a better lesson.

So, graduated liceses for motorcycles? Pah! People driving larger, heavier vehcles and trailers should be the first to have additional criteria. They put far more other people at risk, far more often.

:grin:

Archived