IGNORED

Oxford

MattS

Having not been on a European vacation since 2002, my trip last week to Oxford wasn't going to break that streak; my voyage there being made "under orders" so to speak.

But before you pack the kids in the wagon and send your wife round to the in-laws for a fortnight in August, consider this 2005 missive from the BBC, who said that -- sadly -- Oxford is the largest city in England without its own strip-club.

Despite this and other glaring omissions to the city's social calendar, I did manage to seek out some of the other earthy delights that Oxford has to offer. Of course, I couldn't photograph them. However, I offer you these views of a very visually compelling place:

almostroman.jpg

goldendome.jpg

babyonboard.jpg

littlegreenman.jpg

wallsalive.jpg

gloryglory.jpg

styling.jpg

callingcard.jpg

street.jpg

flaggylamb.jpg

What's this? You were in my neck of the woods and no PM? Steve1962 works in Oxford as well. Hospitality could have been yours for the taking. Hmph.

Hope you had a great trip despite the terrible weather we had last week. If its any consolation today has been warm and sunny as I visited the Classic Motorcycle club's festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory Park racetrack. Ride tale to follow.

Andy

And the really important question? How was the beer??? :)

1511930885_1dea9de754.jpg

None of those beers appear to be from Oxford!

From left to right:

London, Wiltshire (close), Yorkshire, Dorset, Scotland, Ireland, can't see the rest clearly. There are some really good breweries in Oxfordshire - Brakspear, Morrells, Hook Norton for a start.

Lone_RT_rider
None of those beers appear to be from Oxford!

I searched Yahoo Images for "British Beer" and this was the best I could come up with. Thanks for the correctiion. I don't think I could get through a day without somebody on the board nitpicking at least one of posts.

Have a great day...

Shawn

I don't think I could get through a day without somebody on the board nitpicking at least one of posts.
It's my specialty :grin:
Wheels Rollin'
I don't think I could get through a day without somebody on the board nitpicking at least one of posts.

I love the pictures you took, Shawn... Perhaps I'll have a chance to see some of this in person some day <>...Thanks so much for sharin'...

~ Bill

What's this? You were in my neck of the woods and no PM? Steve1962 works in Oxford as well. Hospitality could have been yours for the taking. Hmph.

Hope you had a great trip despite the terrible weather we had last week. If its any consolation today has been warm and sunny as I visited the Classic Motorcycle club's festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory Park racetrack. Ride tale to follow.

Andy

Andy is right , you missed out there , you could have been bored rigid by two old duffers with a keen interest in history [ one of whom could have also helped you with your interest in alcohol ........ no names , no pack drill :grin: :grin: ]

Glad you enjoyed your visit anyway .

Steve

Well, hayull! Here I thought I was gonna get to read about Ole Miss football or somethin'.

Nice photos, though. Where they at?

Pilgrim

Archived