IGNORED

Motorcyclists Have A Patron Saint?

Wheels Rollin'

Wheels Rollin'

While not what you'd call a regular church goer ('... I'd rather be ridin' and thinkin' about God than sittin' in church thinkin' about ridin'...', someone, somewhere once told me...), I've worn a St. Christopher medal for years -- actually, a treasured gift from my Dad who wore it for all of his flying years before retiring and passing it along to me... As the 'Patron Saint of Travelers' it seemed to, shall I say, 'serve him well' -- and perhaps, that same level of serving, he believed in giving it to me, would continue to come to me as well <>... I'm pleased to say -- so far, so good <>...

Well, imagine my surprise when, in the process of doing some research for another project, I came upon good ol' St. Columbanus of Bobbio -- the 'Patron Saint of Motorcyclists (and Against Floods)'... Hmmm... News to me... Having just come through some intense flooding here in Iowa and as a motorcyclist, I'm thinkin' I might just need another set of 'good guy' eyes lookin' over me <>... Anyway, I thought you might be interested in learning more about this man and the times in which he lived...

St. Columbanus of Bobbio Bio

Enjoy!

~ Bill

Wheels Rollin'
I believe another patron of motorcyclists is Our Lady of Grace - there's a shrine to her in Colebrook NH that holds a Blessing of the Bikes every year and has a monument to motorcyclists:

shrine045.jpg

Cool... The 'patron saint' thing seems much more common than I initially believed, David... Hmmm... Thanks for sharing this -- I had no idea (no surprises there either <>)...

~ Bill

I believe another patron of motorcyclists is Our Lady of Grace - there's a shrine to her in Colebrook NH that holds a Blessing of the Bikes every year and has a monument to motorcyclists:

shrine045.jpg

tRUE dAT..!

It is Our Lady of Grace..!

Archived