IGNORED

Anyone else put bar risers on their R12RT yet?

Richard G

I picked these risers up at my dealer and they are 1" up and 1" back.

The clutch and brake lines are ok at center but do pull a little when full left or right.

They are not pulling to the point of being so tight that I am afraid they will break, but has anyone else put these on?

How were your results?

Are the cable lengths the same from the 1150RT to the 1200?

Later on can I get 1" longer hoses for both sides?

I havent been able to ride it yet to feel the effect on the road, but it felt pretty good sitting on it in the garage.

Rich

526608-risers.JPG.2497e81acbe76aba29cebe213d5a009d.JPG

Yes, I had the BMW service dept. transfer the barbacks (mine look like yours) from my '96 RT to my new '05 RT at the time of delivery.

I did notice that the brake line was a tad taut @ full turn, however not enough for me to fret about... at least not now. I will keep my eye on it, though.

eyeflash.gif

I had a custom set made (see picture), and subsequently wrapped the lines with teflon tape and installed plastic guides to stand the lines off of the adapters. It seems to work fine.

Paul in CA

'05 R1200RT

'98 XR400R

Other vintage

527016-P6170197(Small).JPG.e5053e834207ab6a0cbc39135f9c1eb2.JPG

BeemerBerg

Just transferred mine from my old 1100 to the 1200. No problems--everything seemed to clear OK.

Sure makes the ride a lot more comfortable with my short arms.

Thanks for the help,

I had time this weekend to put a few miles on the RT and see how the risers felt. They worked out fine. I am not leaning anymore, and the pinching I was getting up in the lower neck/shoulder area did not come back.

The clutch line is OK and I would like maybe 1" more on the brake line but it seems good. I think I will wrap them with some covering also. (thanks for the idea) I was thinking of

either rounding off or shaving the front upper edge of the risers on an angle a bit to see if it helps to keep the cables from rubbing. Maybe a winter project.

Rich

Rich,

I would like a set of these risers on my R1200RT also. Can you give me the part #? Is it a BMW part? I have short arms and would love them..

thanks,

David

'05 R1200RT

'05 1200 Sportster HD Custom

'02 K1200 LTE

I put some after market comfort bars on my R1150R that stretched the cables quite a bit so I put them outside the guards that are on the R1150R. Since they were rubbing against the guards, the dealer put some rubber gizmos on them to protect them. I think they came from a R12GS. You might ask about them at your local dealer. I would post a picture, but that bike is resting in Florida for the summer.

Dmevid, I looked on the bar risers and could not find a part #. I am quite sure they are not BMW parts.

Mine were used and I didnt think to ask who the manufacturer was.

But, they look identical to these by Moto-Techniques.

They probably are the same ones.

The ones on the top say R1100/1150Rt are the same for the R1200RT

Moto-techniques

Rich

Archived