IGNORED

R1200RT + BMW Navigator II Plus

ybweb1

Here it is, the Nav II Plus, with 2GB internal memory. It was a cinch to install. Works great!

As you can see the R1200RT tankbag is not in the way.

26708118-M.jpg

The secret power connection is under the instruments. This shows the white connector from the GPS that plugs into the black socket that is tied to a support strut.

26708119-M.jpg

I have this set up on my bike but with a low seat on the low setting, I do need to stretch to see all of the display. If I had the tank bag extended, I would not see anything I fear! I obviously need a leg-extension kit and a proper high seat!

is that gps power lead hot all the time? or switched with the key? or switched with the power outlet (ie off 30-60 seconds after bike turned off)?

thx

If you find that you are having to look down too much to see your BMW Nav II consider the mount from motorrad concepts. It fits over the clocks. The standard BMW power cables are long enough to use and the GPS unit then is in your line of sight. I've used this solution on my R12RT and it works very well.

Does anyone use the audio output from the BMW Navigator or 2610? The standard Autocom lead will reach from the BMW mount to a tail mounted Pro7,but will it reach from the dash Motorrad Concept mount? confused.gif

What has to be removed to get to the plug ? Is this in front of the battery, or am I looking too hard ?

Look at the picture. It is over the front tire between the forks. The connector is wire-wrapped to a center strut under the instrument panel, nowhere near the battery.

You must remove the black cover from the black connector. Then, the white plug that comes with the Nav II Plus is inserted into the black socket as the picture shows.

bluedl1000

I am new to this site, and am picking up my new R1200RT on Saturday. I would like a GPS system, but am torn between the Garmin, BMW Nav II, and the soon to be released TOM TOM RIDER.

How do you like the BMW system? I understand that it is not blocked by the tank bag (which I have ordered), but does the GPS block the bike's information display (I am only 5'9" tall)?

How much did the BMW Nav II cost?

Thanks for your help! dopeslap.gif

Thanks for the pic; it helped me understand answers to another post which started with curiosity regards what turned out to be the temp sensor.

What is the mounting you have over your dash? Saw the power lead going up in the pic.

What is the mounting you have over your dash?

The shelf is from my R1150RT by RCU Designs. My friend RoyB fashioned new brackets. I hear that there is now a R1200RT version from RCU Designs.

Mounted on the shelf is a satellite radio and antenna.

Archived