IGNORED

If Carpet = Dalton, GA, Furniture = ???

David

At the tail end of a remodeling project, we'll be in the market for some furniture. Is there a central area in the southeast/midwest with good prices on a good selection? It seems like there ought to be somewhere in Indiana, North Carolina, or maybe Georgia.

Lots of showrooms and all? If I show up with a trailer, are they likely to have stuff in stock, or do you just order and have it delivered?

StretchMark

Used to be High Point,NC was the place to go. Tons of factory outlet stores. Now, most of the furniture stores around us will offer to match the NC prices, so no need to drive.

I'm certainly no expert as evidenced by the "dead relative" decorating style in our house.

Thanks--we're still using a furniture set we bought for $100 30 years ago. It's mortifying.

We're using a couch that belonged to my mother and two broken recliners. My 285 pound son has yet to learn how to "enter" a piece of furniture without destroying it. I don't plan on buying replacements until he moves into his own place. :grin:

Yes, I know what you mean. But our youngest just left home after graduating from college, so now it's safe to replace the carpet, paint, and furniture.

Craftique has the plant in Mebane, NC and an outlet store. Located between Burlington and Durham. You can check them out on line. Nicely made mahogony furniture, but they do use venieers on broader surfaces for stability. Just bought a pencil post bed; works great and the handcuffs fit fine.

TracerBullet

try www.furniturelandsouth.com

outside of the highpoint area

The largest showroom I have ever seen

We furnished two rooms at lest than a quarter of the best price I could find.

they delivered and set up the entire thing to Pennsylvania vis 18 wheeler

Archived