IGNORED

SPOILER Anyone Catch The British Grand Prix?

Wheels Rollin'

Wheels Rollin'

The 'looks like rain' prediction came true big time and I can honestly say it's been quite a long time since I've seen such 'slippin' an' slidin' during an F1 race, especially in the post-traction control era... The in-car camera shots, while certainly exciting in their usual way, did no justice to the dismal conditions the drivers were experiencing -- literally blind in the spray of the car in front while motoring along at speed <>... For Hamilton to have won as he did, something like 60+ seconds ahead of the 2nd place finisher, as I recall, is pretty much unheard of in modern F1... It was a masterful drive for sure... My vote for who I wouldn't want to be at the moment, though? Massa... What a disappointing race he had, with seemingly more off-track time than on... His 25G off-track excursion during practice, however, may have caused some unexpected consequences...

Now, there's some real excitement at the 'top o' the points chart'... Ya' know, if things continue to play out like this, we'll have another nail biter to the final race to determine this season's World Champion... Cool...

~ Bill

Francois_Dumas

Yes, Formula 1 has (in my humble opinion) lost most of its attraction over the past decade or so.... becoming a boring advertising event with a couple millionaires driving almost automated racing cars in a long line with hardly any passing anymore.

Last season things picked up.... or perhaps they picked up ever since Schumacher decided to stop. :)

Yesterday's race was FUN (to watch) and there is actually some excitement as to who may win the championship this time !

The one I feel most sorry for !!??

The HARE that almost got flattened when Massa spinned off the tracks and decided to take a detour over gravel and grass AND over the hare's hideout !! :grin:

Hopefully this marks the end of the Heidfeld slump. Too bad about Kubica, looked to me like he just got bit by the wet. It sure is nice to have something other than red cars up front!

Wheels Rollin'

First, an apology...

Sorry 'bout being a 'spoiler', folks... Guess I thought that since the race had concluded approximately 3 hours before I posted my comments, anyone interested in seeing it or seeking out the results from a trusted electronic or paper-based source -- would have already done so... Live and learn <>...

Now, onto more interesting things...

F1 is political, Francois, and some of the 'official' decisions made regarding rules violations and the like over the years seem to... well... defy logic; yet I still find myself captivated by the sheer spectacle of it all -- the technology, the speed, the courses, the sense of exotica... While I can appreciate the skill it takes to run ovals, I've always prefered road-type courses with multiple turns, shifting, breaking, and overtaking...

And Schumi? He was certainly talented and oh-so-dominant in his era... I'm really glad for his success, though it left precious little room for the talents of others to surface and be recognized for what they were... He sure did cast a long shadow over the proceedings... I'm truly excited to see others coming to the forefront now -- that, and the fact BMW seems to be getting stronger all the time... There seems to be a little more parity these days, and I think that's a good thing... Variety is good for most pursuits as well... I think that applies here...

Anyway, Germany in a couple of weeks will be interesting <>... Let's see how the rankings are then...

~ Bill

P.S. And Silverstone's hares? Ahhh... The luckiest in the world, in my view... What must have been flowing through their brains with so much activity going on? Sheesh!

Archived