IGNORED

4th Fireworks

Knifemaker

Knifemaker

Did you take some shots of your 4th of July Fireworks?

Here are a few of Jacksonville, Florida

Looking at this thunder cloud and the lighting it was producing was not sure if we were going to have our fireworks or not:

325615663_cmpJ5-L.jpg

Where most everyone watches the fireworks from:

325615671_5okBP-L.jpg

View of our small town:

325617478_HBFHs-L.jpg

Couple of the many bridges spanning the St. Johns River:

325617486_XKiQo-L.jpg

325619993_tK3GG-L.jpg

Couple fireworks pictures...Very small display this guess the economy gets to fireworks too....

325617492_ZgZFM-L.jpg

325617496_Ghh4F-L.jpg

325617509_hqgg3-L.jpg

325617818_YXZ5H-L.jpg

Hope your 4th was good....

Nice pics of your town and of the pyrotechnics.

We always get an interesting display from a public fireworks show at a nearby park, visible from our corner lot in our neighborhood. It isn't a huge show, but it's always a nice way to cap off the day. Usually a crowd of 100 or so will gather here, after our regular 4th of July block party.

This year, they had fireworks that looked like smiley faces, cubes, pyramids and other geometric shapes, amid the usual bursts. Fascinating both visually and mechanically.

Les is more

Wonderful Shots!

As you might imagine, Fireworks displays are pretty controversial here in CA right now. With tens of thousands of acres on fire, conditions aren't the best. Though there are many places where they're banned, there are counties where fireworks are legal. They're being asked not to sell. Interestingly, that is cutting into the money making of a few schools and non-profits who set up shop at the borders of the non-fireworks counties and make a tidy sum selling to their fireworks hungry neighbors as well as citizens of their own counties.

I've always enjoyed watching the pyrotechnics. One year my vantage point was atop a tall office building, overlooking the staging area--awesome but I can't tell you how long my ears rang afterwards. :grin:

Knifemaker

nice work Bill.

I'd love to hear how you shot those...

Thanks Matt...Anytime....

And I'm still waiting on that beer.... :/

Nice job, Bill. I haven't been to Jax in a while. Used to travel there for work a couple times a year. Nice to see it again in such clear pictures.

Besides, our fireworks got completely stormed out last night. The lightning was pretty cool though.

On the 3rd I stepped out the back of the building about 9pm to find the local high school was doing their best cracky boomers. Love those colorful explosives from a distance.

Saw the Disney Anahiem fireworks once from a Cessna 180 flying above them, That's a neat experience. :wave:

Nice pics. My parents are from a town that is so small, that on the 4th of July everyone in town gets in a circle and rubs their eyes. For the grand finale - they rub faster.

Nice shots.

We watched our local show, and then decided that we would head downtown and catch the show after the Rockies game too. Both were lots of fun. I love fireworks!

Mark set up his tripod at both shows.

Westminster:

igp8457pp6.jpg

igp8477ey3.jpg

igp8498iv2.jpg

Coors Field:

igp8505gs5.jpg

igp8517pr1.jpg

igp8559ld2.jpg

igp8560as9.jpg

I didn't get any pictures, but I do have some burnt fingers from the local kids not knowing what they were doing, and their parents allowing them to have all the illegal stuff they want. Oh well, these probably won't leave scars, unlike the poor guy who got hit in the eye. :eek:

Archived