IGNORED

Any doctor's in the house?

motorman587

motorman587

Question?? Will pot smoking lower somebody's potassium lever to where that person could pass out??

I need a legal opinion, so if you are interested to answer please PM me. I will give details there.

impossible john...i've heard that pot smoking induces periods of heavy eating....there must be potassium consumed...peanut butter and nanner sammy would do the trick.

Its not the potassium lever...(sic) its the expanding blood vessels and thus lower blood pressure. Its a lot like running your bike with not enough oil... low oil pressure then it stops... see.

motorman587

Seriously you guys suck. I am working a case and need some help.........But I am laughing at the answers. :/

motoguy128
Seriously you guys suck. I am working a case and need some help.........But I am laughing at the answers. :/

Then pony-up and pay for a doctor as an expert witness.

AdventurePoser

Dude, like I SO need a brownie and some chips right now....

Steve in So Cal

Seriously you guys suck. I am working a case and need some help.........But I am laughing at the answers.

I had to laugh at loud at this one as well as Steve's comment.

You guys are tooooo funny. Have a great 4th.

Question?? Will pot smoking lower somebody's potassium lever to where that person could pass out??

I need a legal opinion, so if you are interested to answer please PM me. I will give details there.

I tell ya what.....if wanna come measure my potassium.........bring the stuff????????????????????????

John: Your answer is NO.

Cannabis will not change plasma K+, nor will any of its constituents if given individually. Its a fairly benign drug from a physiology or health point-of-view. Just use a vaporizer... :grin:

BTW, the case report on hypokalemic periodic paralysis has nothing to due with the use of cannabis by the patient, IMO. HKPP is a genetic disorder that results from alterations in K+ balance and K+ channels on muscle and nerve. I'd call it coincidence that he smoked grass just prior.

I'm not a doctor but I played one once, she said that was the best physical she had, I didn't know there was a potassium lever or I would have used it.

Mark

motorman587

Then pony-up and pay for a doctor as an expert witness.

The State may need one........So I looking for someone to answer the question. Thank you.

motorman587
BTW, if someone actually goes down because of low K+, they are in some deep poo.

Go down as in passing out????? Deep poo as like life threating????

Usually, yes and yes. Hypokalemia is an ominous sign that one or more basic functions of the body are failing, or that the patient has taken some prescription drug in an ill-advised way, i.e., too much diuretic or too many units of insulin in a diabetic.

But the point remains - cannabis will not change plasma electrolytes. It may alter eating behavior, which could then change things (only in an abnormal body), but the drug itself has no effects on sodium, potassium or calcium homeostasis.

Archived