IGNORED

transplant or bridge

KeyLime

Upper left...broken tooth leaves a space...just visible...all else good. Which way do I go, transplant or perminant bridge. About the same cost, right? Two crowns and a space crown or a transplant.....what's the best current thinking?

I'm sure you mean to say implant. Can't transplant a tooth.

Anyway, having an implant placed is entirely dependant on bone structure & oral hygiene. Find a very good oral surgeon, & he/she can give you an honest evaluation.

Why bother?

says the Englishman... :dopeslap:

I understand, even though I've lived in the US considerably longer than I did in England (29 years vs 21). But actually the question is genuine - what are the implications of not having a tooth replaced?
Firefight911
Why bother?

I understand, even though I've lived in the US considerably longer than I did in England (29 years vs 21). But actually the question is genuine - what are the implications of not having a tooth replaced?

Uh huh.

20%20-%20toothless%20grin.jpg

redneck2-760858.jpg

No longer Killer. Now he's Cooter!

Why bother?

What do you call 8 girls in Torrey,,,,,A full set of teeth,, :dopeslap:

Ok I am not a Dentist but my father was (deceased). If they put in a bridge they are going to mess with the healthy teeth on either side. If you get an implant (and I would follow the recommendation of the Oral Surgeon if he/she thinks you are a good candidate for that) you don't screw with the two healthy teeth.

Consequences of leaving a "hole" are the other teeth shifting and causing alignment problems throughout your mouth. That and it probably won't be the last one you lose in your entire life so why not fill the gap?

Jerry Johnston

I had a bridge and it loosened up causing wear on the two teeth the bridge was hooked to. Wore grooves in them and ended up with dentures.

I'd vote for implant too. It is more money but longer lasting and more stable.

You can also be referred to a Prosthodontist - they actually make the tooth part of the implant; the surgeon will only place the post.

.what's the best current thinking?

I'm with Killer unless you have a very large pot full of dollars..So far this year I've spent $8000.00 on dental work for a person that shall remain nameless that lives with me that I love very much ( obviously if I've spent $8000.00 on her) :/

When mine go they will go peacefully and unmolested until such time as I can no longer eat at which time I'll have the remainder pulled and use my "bubba dentures" that cost me $10.00 and are already paid for..

:thumbsup:

BTW - Phil if I find out you came through East Texas and didn't stop by I'm gonna knock your teeth out...

Archived