IGNORED

How about them Rays?

RichEdwards

RichEdwards

Turn the sporting world upside-down. The floor-mat, the whipping-boy, the last nine year's worst team in baseball--the Tampa Bay Rays--is leading all baseball teams with a 51-32 record and a two and a half game lead on the World Champion Red Sox, the team that they beat twice in the last two days. Playing in Tropicana Field, which resembles an abandoned airplane hanger and last year filled only a few thousand of its 30,000 plus seats each night, the team is selling out and setting records for TV viewership.

Since I moved here, Tampa Bay has had a Superbowl champ and a Stanley Cup champ. Could a World Series Championship be possible? grin.gif

pretty impressive rich. working on plans to catch a couple games.

as a yankee fan the last two wins for the rays were sweet against the 2nd place team, if ya know what i mean.

RichEdwards
as a yankee fan the last two wins for the rays were sweet against the 2nd place team, if ya know what i mean.

I'm a Yankee fan too. Switched channels back and forth to watch an exciting Rays win and another depressing Yankee loss.

I've been to see the Rays in person twice this year. It used to be that most of the seats were filled with the visiting team's fans (especially when the visitors were the Red Sox or Yankees), but now the majority of the fans are cheering for the Rays.

A second place team that is still in front of the third place team if ya know what I mean. GO SOX

P.S. The rays are having a great run makes if more fun to watch. Good luck for the second half.

A second place team that is still in front of the third place team if ya know what I mean. GO SOX

P.S. The rays are having a great run makes if more fun to watch. Good luck for the second half.

felt no need to mention the 3rd place team :/ 3rd may be where they stay as well!!!

What makes it even better, is that this team has a combined salary less the a certain 3rd place teams all star.

Ahh, the 3rd place team, worst team money can buy! And before ya'll fire off the "most championships" crap, what have they done lately (as in the past 6 years)????

bakerzdosen

Unfortunately, you've now jinxed them by brining this up...

That's too bad as I would have liked to see a "smaller" market team win the pennant. Oh well. :)

RichEdwards

A great comeback win on Wednesday led to a sweep of the Red Sox. This team is for real! thumbsup.gif

Now let's see how many Rays players are selected for the All-Star game. It's quite a comment on the All-Star selection process that not a single member of the team with the best record in baseball has been voted on to the All-Star team. mad.gif

great game. i began watcing in the 6th inning. the real test is how they do this weekend against the royals after this emotional bosox series. let downs can be hell. the rays are good.

Fun team to watch. The underdog story is great for any sport, and it's nice to see that they are finally building a fan base in Florida. Let's see if they're fair weather fans.

Mike Lupica wrote an interesting article in the Daily News today. The Sox/Yanks are ready for a big series, which is turning out to be "not as big as usual". He asked, "Do you know when the last time the Yanks and Sox played a series this late in the season (after Labor Day) and neither team was in first place?" September of 1997. (!) It's a new day in baseball in the east.

Y'all just take a chill pill.

It's July.

Let's see what's cooking in late September.

Reminds me of the Detroit Lions this year... :grin:

Rich,

It's not what the Tampa teams have done, it's what the Yankees haven't done, since you left. :dopeslap:

Time for a visit.

Y'all just take a chill pill.

It's July.

Let's see what's cooking in late September.

Reminds me of the Detroit Lions this year... :grin:

Rich,

It's not what the Tampa teams have done, it's what the Yankees haven't done, since you left. :dopeslap:

Time for a visit.

You had to bring up my Lions dintcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

Matts_12GS

Relax Whip, the Lions are undefeated this season! :grin:

And since they missed the playoffs they should be well rested for training camp :wave:

...the real test is how they do this weekend against the royals after this emotional bosox series. let downs can be hell. the rays are good.

I agree. The Rays has always done well against the Yankees, but seem to struggle with teams that they SHOULD beat.

I think they said 25 out of the next 30 games against teams below the .500 mark. With that being said, a majority of the wins so far have been against teams above the .500 mark, so lets hope they continue their success.

Who woulda thought that by taking the DEVIL out of the Devil Rays they would be so good!

Go Rays!

Archived