IGNORED

Check out my new ride

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Hi all,

After test riding and reading reviews until I was blue in the face, Jennifer and I selected this one:

honda_08civichybrid_angularfront_Regular.jpg

So far, after only 261 miles we love our new Honda.

The handling, crash test ratings,styling, and price were the deal breakers for us over the Prius.

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

God bless you Steve for not following the masses and buying a Prius. The Honda (that's a civic right?) gets great gas mileage. While not quite as high as a Prius, you factor in the price difference on the two cars, and you can buy a lot of gas for that!

Enjoy!

One of my best buddies just got one of these, a four-door with an aerodynamics package. A cool-looking little car. He loves it--high quality, sporty, and economical.

bakerzdosen
As for the Prius - Prius anyone????????

Man, it's like you're laid up in bed with nothing to do but watch youtube these days... :)

Congrats Steve. We'll expect reports every 20k (good and bad). :dopeslap:

OK, I'll be the one to cry foul. That's not a motorcycle.

Nor is it the Corvette he recently dangled before us.

Has me kinda worried about him. :grin:

Firefight911

Nor is it the Corvette he recently dangled before us.

Ooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!! Good call out Joel.

It's kinda like buying the Opel GT. You know, the poor man's Corvette of the 60's/70's.

1969_opel_gt_02.jpg

AdventurePoser

Ok, so you all remember my Vette thread....for the record, I want you all to know I still want one. In fact I test drove an 08 Z6 model the other day.

The experience brought tears to my eyes. Never have I literally been slammed into the seat by acceleration. I want one. I need one. I will have one, someday, even if gas costs me $7.00 a gallon to drive it...

Nevertheless, for our family car, the Honda really makes me happy. It handles well and fits us all comfortably! Plus, I don't feel guilty driving it. So far so good...

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

lawnchairboy

323936309_Zy22n-M.jpg

you are in good company. 2003 (not mine pictured but same color)

120k+ 45mpg highway. Love it.

chris

What's with the hating on the Prius?

Congrats stevo, let's see some drag trip action at Irwindale sometime soon!

AdventurePoser
What's with the hating on the Prius?

Congrats stevo, let's see some drag trip action at Irwindale sometime soon!

J and I drove them both, and for me especially, the Honda seemed to have a better "feel." Both are excellent cars!

Can I wait a few miles before we do the dragstrip thing?

Steve in So Cal

ps-say hi to the family....

I want one. I need one.
Careful there Stevie my boy. Them there be mighty powerful, strong words. That said, you oughta get one before benzene hits $7/gal.

Oh, and the honda's nice to, even though it ain't no motor-sickle.

motoguy128

I almost bought a Civic. Awesome driving manners for a compact car. Stable, nimble, tight feeling. Probably the most responsive "conventional" automatics I've ever driven.

If they make a 5 door version... I'm trading in my Versa on the spot.

I think Civic was the #1 selling car in June just ahead of the Corolla.

Enjoy your new ride. You'll get a Vette someday.

AdventurePoser

Yep, one day the Vette. One test ride of that 2008 Z06 model put a "perma grin" on my face that even $7 a gallon fuel will not erase!

In the meantime, I have my RT which is just as much fun...

Cheers,

Steve

Wheels Rollin'

Congratulations, Steve... Nice ride! In this instance, the... uh... final destination made your journey worthwhile, I'd say <>... Enjoy the beat of that 'different drum', with sincere apologies to Linda Ronstadt <>...

~ Bill

Archived