IGNORED

I really feel sorry for all the fires, But

randy

Man these fires are right in the middle of some of the best roads we had planned. I was going Willits, Ca, to Arcata, CA to Klamath Falls, Or, to John Day, OR

most of the recommended roads were between Willits and Klamath Falls, and that seems right now to be were the fires are at. seems there are some road closure.

I sure hope all the people are safe, but I do wish I could ride those roads, I will probably never be back that far northwest again.

My best wishes to all the affected people in that area, and my selfish wish that at least a few of the roads get opened by Saturday or Sunday. Worse case we just head up the coast and see more of the Red wood Natl Park.

Man I am getting excited, my wife is already at twentynine palms, my Son gets out Noon Thursday, and I fly out there on Friday. This will be so cool.

Randy,

If you can get all the way west and come up highway one from San Feansisco north then out to 101 at Leggett, you wouldn't be dissappointed. North of Leggett there are some "alternate route" going thru the redwoods. These go the same direction so no lost distance and worth the drive. I'd then cut over at Crescent City on 199 to Grants Pass however I then cut off a little early and go to Ashland then over Dead Indian Raod to 140 then up the west side of Klamath Lake, Fort Klamath and thru Crater Lake.

I can help farther if you are interested.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

There are a ton of options. 25 in central CA is a great ride.

36 looks like it's open.

1 from monterey north is great.

Check your plans and options here:

http://www.dot.ca.gov

There are a ton of options. 25 in central CA is a great ride.

36 looks like it's open.

1 from monterey north is great.

Check your plans and options here:

http://www.dot.ca.gov

I called the CHP and 36 is closed from hiway 3 to the shasta/trinity county line due to wildland fire---Smoke is horrible --- as of 7/2/08

Archived