IGNORED

RTP seat conversion

Tschamp

See the attached file from the BMWMC.net website. You can find the prices for the parts on Chicago BMW's website (at 20% off too, best place to order BMW parts). I believe it is a few grand for the parts but the conversion is clean afterwards and you get rather the best of both worlds, a two-seat civilian bike with the authority crash bars.

Enjoy,

John

521459-DualSeatPts.txt

Hi all

I have just bought a 2000 RT-P from Long Beach BMW in California. They can source a seat "kit" that includes everything you need to convert to dual seat.

This is not an official BMW kit but is put together for them by a thrid party company.

The cost of all the parts individually is about $900 but the kit costs about $650.

If you contact Gina at Long Beach BMW she will know what you want.

Hope this is of some help

Tracy

Well, either I don't know what I'm talking about, or I got a hell of a deal. My dealer here charged me an extra $200 to convert the seat on the RT-P I bought from him. Was a new passenger seat and see no conversion problem. $650 sounds a little steep..but I guess I did not get to keep the original white trunk...

mine came already converted with all the rt-p stuff in a box.then i put the rear crashbars on,they say they won't work with a rear seat but all you have to do is take a grinder and notch the hanger brackets for the bags,it doesn't take much,also you have to cut down a key for the seat so it fits in front of the bars..i'd show you a pic but i don't know how to resize to fit here!

• 7 months later...
GearedForACure

ok, so I added up all of these parts at chiBMW. It is just shy of $700 for all of the parts. Would anyone happen to have a diagram of where all the dohickeys and donthickles go?

GearedForACure

OK, after some further research today...

Ask your dealer to contact Frank Stevens of BMW. He is in charge of the Police Motors division. They sell a kit (with no instructions) for $650. The dealer will install it for $300 give or take, or you can give it a hack yourself. Gina at longbeach bmw said that three of her customers have tried, but all of their seats wiggle and dont appear to be tounged correctly.

I am going to go ahead and order the kit and try it myself. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at gearedforacure@yahoo.com , I will do my best to answer them.

Archived