IGNORED

I may need intervention Wednesday

azkaisr

I am going to take my Chrysler 300 in for an Oil change and tire rotation. Last time I did that with the RT, I came home with a 07GT.

I just went jeeping last weekend and the dealer has "Great Deals" available.

Les is more

You're already lost. I can "hear" it in your voice and I can see the mad gleam in your eye even from here, four hours and thirty minutes away.

I am going to take my Chrysler 300 in for an Oil change and tire rotation. Last time I did that with the RT, I came home with a 07GT.

I'm sure your dad will enjoy the 300, Tom.

2 door or 4 door jeep? I'm guessing 4 door. I think Leslie's got you pegged. Done deal.

I'm here for ya buddy ... there are no super killer rebates or $3.99 gas on real Jeeps ... now of course if you wanted a Liberty then all bets are off ... :grin:

I'm sure this will talk you down from the ledge: A new Jeep will cost less than real estate in southwest Colorado.

Or how 'bout: Now THAT'S economic stimulus!

:smirk:

russell_bynum

The only vehicle I regret getting rid of was my '99 TJ.

I recommend adding the hard top and full doors...it's MUCH nicer ride to/from the trails, and you get better heat/cold insulation than with the soft top. Other than that, keep it simple. Big engine, big fuel tank (if they offer an upgrade), manual trans, no unnecessary gizmos like power windows, power locks, etc.

russell_bynum
I recommend adding the hard top and full doors...it's MUCH nicer ride to/from the trails,
Girly boy :grin:

Guilty. :dopeslap:

I ran mine without the top quite a bit for commuting and local stuff, but it was really nice to have the top and real doors for cross-country trips.

That, and AC were the only luxury items I had on that thing.

Seems pretty easy to me.

Get the Hemi. :thumbsup:

kclights.gif

Mods include:

A complete Hemi conversion

American Racing - 1- piece Allow Wheels

ARB - Air Lockers and Compressor

Bestop - Soft Top

Bilstein - 5100 Series Shocks

Bushwacker - 4” Pocket Style Fender Flares – bushwacker.com

FST Motorsports - Custom built Safari Rack and Rear Winch Bumper

A whopping 24 KC HiLiTES – Auxiliary Lights, Hood Mount Bar, Front Winch Bar, windshield Light Brackets

Rubicon Seats, Harnesses and matching Rear Seat Cover

Rear swing away Tire Carrier

Ramsey 9500 lb Patriot front Winch and 2500 lb Badger rear Winch

Skid Row Automotive Front Winch Bumper and rear Skid Plate

Superlift 4” Lift Suspension System

Open Country M/T 33 x 12.5 R18 Toyo Tires

You’re toast.

Francois_Dumas

Can't go wrong on the 'fun factor' of a Jeep...... just be aware that electronically they s..k !!!! :/

The other good news is that I guess it's okay for someone to buy a low-MPG "SUV" type vehicle. And here I thought--judging by so many threads in this forum--that only selfish consumers with small penis syndrome bought SUVs.

I guess there are exceptions, so go for it, Tom! I love mine. :thumbsup:

Francois_Dumas
The other good news is that I guess it's okay for someone to buy a low-MPG "SUV" type vehicle. And here I thought--judging by so many threads in this forum--that only selfish consumers with small penis syndrome bought SUVs.

I don't have a problem with that..... *grin*

But as a 'purist' I DO regret that Jeep makes 'SUV's' now too..... which are basically 4WD's for Soccer Mom's.

Wranglers are okay, Liberty's just, the real SUV's should not have 'Jeep' written on them....... :grin::D

Get an 06 wrangler, then order this: http://www.aev-conversions.com/

Uh....that is so worthy....what does it do to warranty I wonder.

FYI, I am more then likely NOT buying a jeep tomorrow. I am going to stick to plan and get another car next summer. For this winter, the Mr. G will handle the trips I have planned, and everything else will be on the GT.

Like I have said, I will give my Dad my Chrysler 300 since he loves it, and take his Impala for a trade in. Most likely, and Killer willing, I would take the Mr. G up to Torrey to be a taxi for when I am up there on the bike.

We shall see

I don't have a problem with that..... *grin*

But as a 'purist' I DO regret that Jeep makes 'SUV's' now too..... which are basically 4WD's for Soccer Mom's.

Wranglers are okay, Liberty's just, the real SUV's should not have 'Jeep' written on them....... :grin::D

My Jeep Cherokee saw some serious 4x4 trails, and my Grand Cherokee as well.

I put a locker in the rear of the Grand Cherokee. Just drop the trackbar, and you can go places that don't seem possible in an SUV.

It was a great vehicle. Very good off road, very comfortable on the highway, and you could sleep in it if you were in the back country.

I'd rather have the Jeep...

And I would rather have a single Heidi Klum living in Torrey, so we may have to just compromise

And I would rather have a single Heidi Klum living in Torrey, so we may have to just compromise

Tomorrow's the big day! You just call me if you need to be talked out of it. I'll take care of it, no problem.

Jan

Oh, OK then, I'll keep both of them for you...

(Does she like Jeeps?)

Tomorrow's the big day! You just call me if you need to be talked out of it. I'll take care of it, no problem.

Jan

Some how I don't think he'll call ya about Heidi Klum??????

Mrs. Whip is the Estes Lauder girl....maybe she can help.

:wave:

eX-sQUEEZE mE..Sir -

Can you say Pen15 on this forum...? eh????? (note - I stated "Pen fifteen" totally within guidelines)

On my MySpace home page there was this ad

Jeep Lifetime Warranty

New Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

Visit Your Local Jeep Dealer Today!

www.JeepDealer.com

Coincidence?

Sorry to hijack, but maybe Tommy will reconsider his potential purchase tho...

For you current or prior Jeep owners:

What would you consider the best year for a Jeep?

(keep in mind,,, cost, dependability, rebuildability, and for those of us Californians, the almighty SMOG check.)

Thanks in advance,

MB>

Worthy Hijack MB

I am going to really think about my next 4x4 before jumping in. I am not in a hurry, but will be doing some more serious trips in the Spring of 2009 timeframe.

Sorry to hijack,

(keep in mind,,, cost, dependability, rebuildability, and for those of us Californians, the almighty SMOG check.)

Thanks in advance,

MB>

main.jpg

I wish I had never sold mine. If you get a 63-66 no emissions test required

russell_bynum
On my MySpace home page there was this ad

Jeep Lifetime Warranty

New Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

Visit Your Local Jeep Dealer Today!

www.JeepDealer.com

Coincidence?

I wouldn't put too much weight on a warranty from Chrysler. I've had nothing but headaches trying to get warranty service on several Chrysler vehicles. With my Jeep...I had two things go wrong on it in 75K miles. A $12 parking brake adjuster doohickey broke. Chrysler wanted to charge me $450 do to a brake job (new pads and rotors plus some other nonsense. I took it to a brake shop and they said:

1. These pads have tons of life left.

2. Likewise the rotors...they don't even need to be turned

3. The problem was the $12 broken adjuster.

The other problem was the instrument cluster would spontaneously go dead. Despite NUMEROUS reports of the exact problem on the interwebs, the dealer claimed to have never heard of it before. Then they claimed that it must be caused by my aftermarket stereo. Then they claimed it was probably just my imagination. Finally they fixed it.

I took the truck to the dealer with a failed lift pump (one of the two fuel pumps). Despite the fact that there was a TSB out requiring them to retrofit a different setup because of all the failures they were having (i.e. They knew the problem was a design issue on their part), they told me to go pound sand when I asked for the repair to be done under warranty despite the fact that I was just barely past the max mileage. I've had Ford, BMW, Saturn, and SeeDoo all do warranty work when I was technically out of warranty, but Chrysler told me to get lost.

I had the truck in for an AC issue, which they misdiagnosed (despite me telling them what I thought it was and why), charged me $90 to basically store my truck all day, then played the "We're not going to return your calls until late in the day after the mechanic has gone home so you can only talk to the 'service writer' who is only slightly more intelligent and knowledgeable than a paperweight so there is no possibility of you being able to call us on the fact that we didn't do jack sh*t." game.

I've got more bad experiences with Chrysler going back to the late 80's...the exact same sort of stuff dealing with multiple Chrysler vehicles at different dealerships in two different states.

So...even though my Jeep was mostly trouble-free and I would own another one in a heartbeat, Chrysler's service was a big pain in the ass and I'd answer any advertising claims from them about warranties and such with a "yeah right" and a California Howdy.

Russell,

How many different dealers did you experience this with?

I have had no issues whatsoever with Jeep warranty or recall work since moving to Nevada. (I have continuously owned at least one Jeep and more commonly two Jeeps at the same time for the last 20 years.)

(Of course, I have one of the only Jeeps not covered under the lifetime warranty, a Liberty Diesel.)

The other problem was the instrument cluster would spontaneously go dead.
Interesting, that happens to my Sebring too, some of it is dead most of the time now. Chrysler quoted me $500 to fix it but couldn't tell me what they would do which made me suspicious. It's 11 years old with 100K+ miles so I haven't bothered too much about it. The Sebring has been quite reliable, there was a minor warranty issue when I first got it but a Canadian dealer fixed it no problem - my French must have been better then. I will say that Toyota dealers are way ahead of Chrysler, and even more so Ford, dealers in service attitude, we'll see what they do about my Tundra A/C.
Francois_Dumas
Sorry to hijack, but maybe Tommy will reconsider his potential purchase tho...

Thanks in advance,

MB>

1944 without question !!!!!! :clap::clap:

:thumbsup:

russell_bynum
Russell,

How many different dealers did you experience this with?

I have had no issues whatsoever with Jeep warranty or recall work since moving to Nevada. (I have continuously owned at least one Jeep and more commonly two Jeeps at the same time for the last 20 years.)

(Of course, I have one of the only Jeeps not covered under the lifetime warranty, a Liberty Diesel.)

Probably a half-dozen dealers here in CA and about the same in TX.

4:30 Torrey Time

Tom's in the dealership's service area right now, let's start calling all the dealers in Phoenix telling them to send a salesman to him...

:clap:

MB>

Best year, I'd say 97-06 (TJ) (This is very subjective - there are a lot of CJ guys out there who would beg to differ) 97 was the 1st year of the coil over suspension which allowed a little more articulation. Jeep used the straight 6 in these which is a proven commodity. I sure like mine. I've kept it simple with a 4" lift and Detroit Truetracs front and rear, all riding on 33" pro comps. You can call me a girlie man if you like, but I'm with Russell on wanting full doors and a hard top.

The dependability thing....I've got 147,000 miles on it. The clutch, radiator, motor mounts and both rear axles along with the associated bearings are all that has been replaced. (except for maintenance items)

100_1249.jpg

Tom if I can help let me know! :grin:

I am the proud new owner of.......

a new oil filter and some oil.

Stay tuned though. There may be more to the story later on

Marco: Nice lookin' jeep. Clean, simple. I Likes...

Tommy: Obsession and Compulsion. They both bite.

MB>

Firefight911
There may be more to the story later on

Don't even tell us that they forgot to tighten the oil filter!!! Tommy No Oil it is!

There may be more to the story later on

Don't even tell us that they forgot to tighten the oil filter!!! Tommy No Oil it is!

Ohhh, and here I was thinking Heidi was IN for fall Torrey. :dopeslap:

I am the proud new owner of......

a new oil filter and some oil.

Does anyone ever really own their oil?

Aren't we just renting it?

Stay tuned though. There may be more to the story later on

Thats a putz thing to do. Spill it.

Worthy Hijack MB

I am going to really think about my next 4x4 before jumping in. I am not in a hurry, but will be doing some more serious trips in the Spring of 2009 timeframe.

You trade in the "G" and no more Tommy-Two-Shocks for you!

Cheers!

Todd

Archived