IGNORED

Questions about the Fourth Amendment . . . .

KMG_365

AHA--GOTCHA!!!!!! What are YOU doing here??? :)

Now seriously Greg, shouldn't you be STUDYING?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don't make me have Leslie ban your procrastinating butt until after your exams are over--GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

One of my Favs.....The Dirty Harry rulin...

California courts have found that routine warrantless seizures are legitimate where an "officer has probable cause to believe that the person to be arrested has committed a felony, whether or not a felony, in fact, has been committed." [1]

Ya gotta love it!!!!!!

Judge Roy Bean would be so proud.

BTW...Good Luck Greg....I'm sure you'll do fine.

Whip

bakerzdosen
AHA--GOTCHA!!!!!!
I think I liked you better before the maxi-pads went to your head... :wave:

(Actually, I shouldn't be here either. I WISH I could go back to work. That's much easier.)

Les is more

Jan,

Quit baiting Greg!!

:grin::grin:

Greg,

I don't care who started it!

If I have to stop this board . . .

Maaaaaaaama Hoon! Greg's reading the boaaard! Greg's reading the boaaaard!

But . . . he hit me first!

I'm not touching him . . . I'm not touching him . . . I'm STILL not touching him . . . I'm not doing anything!! :grin:

Greg would know that in Califorlornia there is no probable cause to

conduct a search

because no one has anything to hide.

Good luck.

Greg would know that in Califorlornia there is no probable cause to

conduct a search

because no one has anything to hide.

Good luck.

:grin:

Besides, the governator already has eyes to sieze it if it's worth much! :dopeslap:

bakerzdosen

I thought it was only the week prior to the exam that you weren't going to be hanging out here.

Oh well, we'll just turn this into a "good luck Greg" thread - which is almost as good as a b-day thread - right?

[hijack]

California courts have found that routine warrantless seizures are legitimate where an "officer has probable cause to believe that the person to be arrested has committed a felony, whether or not a felony, in fact, has been committed." [1]

Ya gotta love it!!!!!!

snip,snip...

Whip

This is what is commonly called a 'probable cause arrest'. I've arrested several burglars and robbers using this form of legal seizure.

Nothing like stopping a doper for a random traffic violation, finding someone else's wallet in his car, placing him under probable cause arrest for robbery and then later finding the victim, who lost his wallet in...

You guessed it! A robbery.

Of course, what's described above is the very simplified version of the events of a probable cause arrest, there is obviously a little more to it.

It is, however, an excellent tool when used appropriately.

[/hijack]

[hijack]

Ya gotta love it!!!!!!

snip,snip...

Whip

This is what is commonly called a 'probable cause arrest'. I've arrested several burglars and robbers using this form of legal seizure.

Nothing like stopping a doper for a random traffic violation, finding someone else's wallet in his car, placing him under probable cause arrest for robbery and then later finding the victim, who lost his wallet in...

You guessed it! A robbery.

Of course, what's described above is the very simplified version of the events of a probable cause arrest, there is obviously a little more to it.

It is, however, an excellent tool when used appropriately.

[/hijack]

Are you saying the courts will hold that mere possession of someone else's wallet is probable cause? Or are you saying that you are making an arrest for dope... under circumstances that are proper for that arrest... and then in the course of that arrest find and seize the wallet?

The first case I would find highly objectionable, while the second seems reasonable.

Jan

Archived