IGNORED

shipping bike from florida to new york

wolcott

I did not have much luck using the search term "shipping", so I will read out of my notes and see if the info still applies. These are the companies that I have down for shipping.

1)Federal Motorcycle Transport

2)I.D. or ID Transport

3)Forward Air

4)Liberty Moving & Storage

5)I have in my notes that Federal and Liberty seems to have good reviews from board members. Liberty has oak skids with 4 permanent anchor straps. All advice appreciated. Guy in New York had a new hip recently I guess and he is not up to riding bike back to New York, neither am I. I told him I would ask around for recommendations on shippers. Thanks.

How about the Autotrain? Leaves outside of Orlando and goes to just outside of DC.

I will ask him Bullman; but it seems like he wants it shipped right to his house. 1)Anyone care to comment on their choice of shipping company that they liked?

2)Or recommend one off my list that I had written down? TIA

I shipped my bike 7 years ago thru the Federal Companies (F.M.T.) from SoCal to Kalispell, Mt. and they did an excellent job. Cost was about $550 as I recall.

I shipped my bike 7 years ago thru the Federal Companies (F.M.T.) from SoCal to Kalispell, Mt. and they did an excellent job. Cost was about $550 as I recall.

Keith: I wrote him a short list of motorcycle transport carriers. I agree that from their web site Federal looks real nice with their fancy pallets and tie down system. Rick (the potential buyer in New York-don't know what part) emailed me back in disbelief that they wanted $850. With todays labor + gas prices that does not strike me as unusual. He said he had one guy for $550 or so, but he is probably taking a chance on some unknown company. I'll try to find out who that company is.

Archived