IGNORED

6 speed

doveguy1

The consensus is that you can, but there's a fair amount of work involved, for what some feel is only a marginal gain. You'd also have to retrofit in a clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, etc.

For the additional expense, may be better off parting with the 1100 altogether and replacing with a 1150 or 1200.

Yeah - five speeds rule. I prefer the 5 speed gearbox on my 1100RS to the 6 speed on my 1150RT. Always seems like I have to downshift a bunch more times to get to where the motor wants to be when riding around town.

I've had both and 6 speed rule!

There were times running in the mountains I could never find a gear that fit some curves. The 6 speed is perfect!

Anything is possible, but in short you would have to replace nearly everything from the engine back. The tranny housing, rear sub-chassis, swing arm, drive shaft, final drive, clutch system, and rear brake system are all different R1100xx 5-speed to R1150xx 6-speed bikes.

ShovelStrokeEd
Anything is possible, but in short you would have to replace nearly everything from the engine back. The tranny housing, rear sub-chassis, swing arm, drive shaft, final drive, clutch system, and rear brake system are all different R1100xx 5-speed to R1150xx 6-speed bikes.

Other than that, of course, it's a piece of cake.

Just make sure that when you finally apply the 1.21 gigawatts needed to bring the beast to life, you loudly declare..

"IT......IS......A-LIVE!!!!!!"

Archived