IGNORED

got to love local news

randy

local TV station, channel 2, I think WSB, said Gas prices in Atlanta will reach 7.00 per gallon by end of this year. Let the hording begin.

I am choosing to get a diesel and make my own bio-diesel. I hope to have this done by end of this year.

I wonder if a lot of people will start looking for jobs closer to home. Or maybe, we will see homes close to public transportation or close to large work area's go up and prices of homes in the extended and very extneded suburbs go down??

I know we are on a 5,000 mile family vacation this summer. Pulling our trailer we expect to get around 10mpg over the whole trip. 500 gallons at 4.00 means we will spend 2,000.00 just on gas. We budgeted 2,300.00 for the trip.

If gas prices had been this high back in Nov when we first started planning this vacation, I think we might have made a change. We would not have cancelled the vacation, but I might have shipped the bike, or maybe done without, and just come to the unrally in the car. However at 4 - 5 per gallon it still would not save us money. Shipping two bikes both ways, would have cost about 1,600.00. And gas in the Van without a trailer would have been 1,000.00. So we are still ahead of the game. But at 7.00 per gallon, shipping (if thier prices do not go way up) might make a change.

As noted above, at around 3.50 I made the choice to look for a good used diesel vehicle, and I want to run it on my own home grown bio-diesel. I can probably handle 80% of my driving needs doing that. So for our family the changes started around 3.50, and I suspect we will make more changes as it gets closer to 7.00

Just wondering at what price point we will see real changes in our lifestyle or choices.

Firefight911

Heard the same thing on the local news here this AM. They said within 18 months to 2 years.

Be sure to post your tale, trials, and tribulations concerning bio-diesel. It would be interesting to learn more.

Archived