IGNORED

"Parrot" hands-free bluetooth car kit review

Firefight911

Firefight911

As all us Californians are aware, as of July 1 it is a primary offense to drive while talking on a cell phone unless you are using a hands free system.

I have never liked the cauliflower on the ear type of system and had been looking for a better alternative for a while.

I have found it.

Last week I, OK, my friend did most of the work due to my ankle, installed a Parrot CK-3100 LCD system in my Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel pick up truck.

100% plug and play. Find your vehicle when ordering and order the appropriate harness for your application and that is it.

Installation was a breeze. It took us longer to figure out how to pull the dash fascia plate off than it did to actually install the system.

Once it was all hooked up we powered it up and it worked perfect right out of the gate.

I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a hands free kit in the car.

I am using it with my Treo 750W and it pulls my entire contact list over automatically with the simple addition of a contact category 'carkit'. My wife's Samsung i-607 paired equally as easily.

System has voice recognition, very easy to read LCD screen, and simple to use menu screens.

When a call comes in the radio automatically mutes. You can set up for auto answer or just answer yourself from either the phone or the handsfree display head.

The caller comes across very clearly through the radio speakers and callers have reported exceptional clarity when hearing our voices.

Just thought I would post this for those who may be looking for a very clean vehicle handsfree set up.

Cost me $200 for the unit, harness, taxes, shipping, etc.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's an additional link - LINKY

Couchrocket

Just starting doing research for my lovely wife on this very subject ...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the Parrot in my work vehicle (08 Explorer). I use it with my Motorola ROKR phone. The audio quality is really good in both directions. Often, the fact that I'm on a hands free is imperceptible to the person I'm talking to. It doesn't pick up the background noise like a bluetooth headset. When I get in my truck and start the engine, the Parrot syncs up with my phone automatically. Very nice indeed.

I have the Microsoft SYNC system in my Ford Edge. It is similar to the Parrot in a lot of ways but the audio quality isn't quite as good. It just came with the car. It is handy but not in the same league as the Parrot for phone calls.

Couchrocket

OK, I have a question....

Do any of the good hands free units allow two phones to be synched up at the same time? My wife has both personal and business cell phones, and would like to be able to have them both on and "hands freed" ....

?????

I have the Parrott as well in Volkswagen Golf, it's excellent and I agree with everything else said here.

We've had a law here in the UK making use of a hand held phone illegal for about 3 years or more, but it doesn't really seem to have worked here, but as much as anything that is probably down to lack of enforcement.

It will only connect with one phone at a time - it's possible to have more than one paired with the system, but they can't connect simultaneously.

Firefight911
OK, I have a question....

Do any of the good hands free units allow two phones to be synched up at the same time? My wife has both personal and business cell phones, and would like to be able to have them both on and "hands freed" ....

?????

You could always call forward one phone to the other that is paired to the Parrot.

Couchrocket

OK, got "the bird" installed and it works way cool, just as you said.

And, it can be paired and store multiple phones, though only one of them will be active at any given time. Switching between phones is a piece of cake, though, so my wife is happy.

Darn think paid for itself w/ a high level conference call performed in the car today!

Thanks for the advice / feedback. :thumbsup:

Firefight911
OK, got "the bird" installed and it works way cool, just as you said.

And, it can be paired and store multiple phones, though only one of them will be active at any given time. Switching between phones is a piece of cake, though, so my wife is happy.

Darn think paid for itself w/ a high level conference call performed in the car today!

Thanks for the advice / feedback. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear!!!! Just got another one for Jamie's Caliber. Install next week sometime.

Archived