IGNORED

My excuse for not attending bmwst events this year

bakerzdosen

bakerzdosen

So, without further ado, here's the deal (which some of you already know about:)

Roughly 38 weeks ago, Amy got pregnant. Because this is a family site, I'll spare you the details of HOW that happened, but alas, it did. :/

So, yesterday at about 11pm, she delivered a 7 lbs, 1 oz baby girl. We're naming her Xiomara.

3.jpg

However, as the great Ron Popeil said: "But wait, there's more!"

Yes, roughly 1 minute later, an 8 lbs 7 oz baby boy popped out as well.

2.jpg

In case you're keeping track at home, that's 15.5 lbs of baby right there...

His name is going to be Brayden.

All three are doing well. Neither of them had to go to ICU (though they were tempted when the boy didn't cry as much as they'd like, but he eventually did.)

Regardless, the initial pictures are up here. (This way, I don't have to drag a slide projector to your house and force you to look at pictures. :) )

Anyway, getting ready to take a LONG time off work and helping Amy has been a bit time consuming as of late (not to mention I'm probably done sleeping well for a while.) So, I'm hopeful that I'll make Fall Torrey, but now you know why I've been MIA as of late.

Absolutely outstanding! Congratulations. As for "how it happened," we do appreciate you taking into consideration the decorum of the board and not posting the details and photos. Still, you could PM them. :grin:

Best wishes to your bride and your two new additions. May they be the source of endless happiness and joy for all your years.

Les is more

Brayden and Xiomara look like they're off to a great start.

You can bring your slide projector to our place anytime.

Congratulations to you all.

BTW, I had a music director from Venezuela named Xiomara--an incredible musical talent and Brayden, the brave one--a very propitious choice of names.

May your family prosper and grow closer with each passing day.

RichEdwards

Excellent! Congratulations. Enjoy. Have you noticed that one of the biggest petroleum-based product price jumps is disposable diapers? wave.gif

Congratulations. You have just departed on a wonderful trip that will change your life forever x 2. You'll be amazed at how fast 21 years will fly by.

That may work for Amy, but not so certain it covers you. :/

Congratulation to all.

Best wishes for a fabulous future.

Start the college fund(s) yesterday.

Joe Frickin' Friday
We're naming her Xiomara.

Congratulations on your rapidly growing family!

Pardon my ignorance, but how is "Xiomara" pronounced? is the X pronounced like an SH, or an H, a Z, or something else?

Well done, congratulations to both of you.It will be an interesting two decades coming at you.

Not to be the stickler (wait for it) I couldn't help myself and kept track of it and, it is 15 lbs 8 oz of happy baby right there.

Jurgen

So, you'd rather stay home & have sex with your wife than ride with your buds?

Fine. :/

Oh alright! Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Excellent! Congratulations. Enjoy. Have you noticed that one of the biggest petroleum-based product price jumps is disposable diapers? wave.gif

Well, at least you don't have to change them very often. I saw a box the other day that said something like "6 to 15 pounds." I figure that's about a weeks worth.

Great news!!!

We've been waitin???????

You don't mind if we shorten their names to X and B do ya?????

Whip

Firefight911

Congrats Matt!!

Nice hat. Kinda Richard like!

Let the fun begin!!! You will realize much later just how blessed you have become.

Big congratulations to you both. What a beautiful pair!

By now you've probably heard the "enjoy it, it goes fast" comment so many times that it's begun to lose meaning.

But relish this next year. My son just turned one, and my wife and I find ourselves mourning the loss of his infancy. It DID go by in the blink of an eye.

Congratulations Dad!

Absolutely outstanding! Congratulations. As for "how it happened," we do appreciate you taking into consideration the decorum of the board and not posting the details and photos.

nO..dANG iT..! I/we wanna know..!!

bakerzdosen

First of all - thanks for the well wishes.

Xiomara (see-o-mar-a) is just a name I've liked ever since I heard it. Apparently it's a name with Germanic origins but is used most frequently in Latin America. (It was the 865th most popular girl name in the US last year according to the SSA. :) ) Technically it means "glorious forest," but I just liked the name because it's pretty unique. Amy wasn't thrilled with the name initially, but alas, it's all about me - right? :) Considering her oldest brother's name is "Jedrik" which is apparently Polish (though they thought it was "made up" when they named him), it's not a huge stretch. I'm sure many people will think it's Chinese or something, but alas, it's not even Korean (although Amy is).

Amy has wondered how people would shorten their names. I guess now we know... This is also why/how I've convinced here not to have her middle name (not finalized yet) be Lilac. Think initials...

Anyway... off to the hospital. Again.

Congrats!

"Bakerzdosen, party of four; Bakerzdosen, party of four, please. Your table is ready." :/

15.5#. Uffda, that had to be a lotta work. Now, let the fun begin!

Congratulations!!

Enjoy every minute... they will be grown before you know it.

Fall Torrey...you are a "New Dad"... boy have you got a lot to learn :grin:

Matt, this is sooooooooo cool, I'm very happy for both of you.

You sir, might need a tech-day to learn to chang.........ah never mind

Congratulations to the two of you...... Ok, the four of you :)

Good to see you have your priorities correct :thumbsup:

Best wishes on the new adventure.

I'll second that...funny how fast you can go from the two of you to a family!! Congrats to you all!!

bakerzdosen
Best wishes on the new adventure.

I'll second that...funny how fast you can go from the two of you to a family!! Congrats to you all!!

Well, for the record... it was never just the two of us. It's always been the 3 of us (Jedrik was 6 when Amy and I got married last year.)

But still... our 3 bedroom place got really small really fast.

But still... our 3 bedroom place got really small really fast.

Congrats on the new arrivals! As for your home, well I know a good stock broker to help you finance a new one plus college!

Congratulations on the new additions to your family. Hope wife and babies are doing well; I hope you are doing okay also.

Archived