IGNORED

Big Brother's Watchin . . . .

KMG_365

Okay, I'm a little freaked out, but I shouldn't be surprised.

If you go to http://maps.google.com and enter in either "5344 Adams Ave, San Diego, CA" or "5340 Adams Ave, San Diego, CA" you can blow up the thumbnail to get a full sized picture of the front of my freakin' house! You can spin around 360º and see the whole street with both the shitty old Geo and Toyota in front and everything! :/

Good thing I wasn't sunbathing nude in the front yard . . . :eek:

. . . or too bad we weren't having a Tech Daze when they drove by! :D:grin:

Good thing I wasn't sunbathing nude in the front yard ,,,,, I dont think they can zoom in on that small an object,,, :lurk:

The copyright says 2008, but the watermark on the photo itself says 2007. It was freaky enough when I could just zoom in on the roof of my house, but now I can virtually drive down the street casing the neighborhood! :eek:

Oh, and Tim . . . you are definitely in "the book" now! :grin:

Google doesn't have a street view of my place. Yet.

I do sort of enjoy the Live Bird's Eye view, which allows you to rotate around.

As to Big Brother, I wouldn't worry about this piddly commercial stuff. If he wants to watch, he's got far better ways.

(And my shots are from somewhere between 2.5 years ago and 1 year ago, when they made the entire curb in front of my place a handicapped zone.)

bakerzdosen

Yeah, for some odd reason, Utah Valley (my area) was one of the first to implement Google street views. No idea why they chose it, but alas...

First of all, if you were sunbathing in the nude, they would have blurred your face out to protect your privacy. :) They've taken it to the extreme here

Here's what the Googlemobiles look like when pulled over.

There have been several other "interesting" uses for it.

If you're not familiar with it, download Google Earth......Absolutely amazing :thumbsup:........I've been tracking Kathy on her trip through northern Arizona and into New Mexico with her sending me SPOT messages which give a location on Google Maps as you have, then I paste the coordinates onto Google Earth...I can see the country she is riding through from different angles, as you pointed out....She's heading up to Colorado on Wednesday and I'll kind of ride along with her using these tools.........

Phil............Redbrick

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Jamie, we were poking around with it at work and found a picture of one of my coworker's father IFO his house. Pretty funny.

Now, whenever there's a fire in another part of the city, we go straight for google maps and street view and immediatley monday-morning quaterback the whole thing, while it's actually happening.

The old station Note the updated picture with the right-side door down. Recently changed from the older one with both doors up.

The new station On lock down, as usual.

Calvin  (no socks)

Jamie, I took a look at my house. Freakin Amazing. The picture was taken on a Monday, (recycle bin at the street). It was taken last year, as my neighbors mailbox has been replaced and a vehicle in my driveway has been sequestered in the backyard. My yard was freshly mowed, thank God. The spanish moss in the trees needs to be thinned....

It would be nice to know when they were coming thru and updating... I could be at the mailbox, or scratching my a@@ behind the mower.....:dopeslap:

Lone_RT_rider

I punched it my address and it gave me a view from 1.5 blocks up the street. That's cool man, I'm off the "grid"! By the way Jamie, tell your neighbors across the street that they really need to do something about that lawn. :grin::dopeslap:

Shawn

We were visiting friends in NC when the Google car came by. So now the street view of their house, has our car w/ CT plates on it parked in front. LOL. :D

If I'd have known, maybe I would have smiled and waved. I noticed several weeks ago that the street view of my former residence at 2700 Willow Fern Way, Fort Collins, CO, shows the shadowy figure of some goof who resembles me, standing in my garage, looking in the direction of the camera.

Here's what the Googlemobiles look like when pulled over.

That officer's a shame to all motors, NO TICKET??? PUH-LEEEZE, I can't believe he fell for the old "I'm lost" line. IT'S THE GOOGLE-MOBILE!!! It's got more GPS and location determining equipment than the stealth bomber :smirk:.

bakerzdosen
Yikes mine's there too. I'm not saying what the address is because I was sunbathing nude in the front yard. :dopeslap:
Lemme guess... it's 18821 May St, Homewood, IL 60430. :)

Jamie you need to live out in the boondocks like me. The satellite photo does even have the resolution to find the county road I'm near! Now you city folks, they can see you undies on the line!!

Alan

AdventurePoser

Good thing I wasn't sunbathing nude in the front yard . . . :eek:

Thanks for the mental image that unfortunately has been indelibly burned into my brain... :grin:

Steve in So Cal

Archived