IGNORED

Farwell to George Carlin.

Paul_Burkett

Paul_Burkett

We have lost another icon in the world of comedy, George died, but will not ever be forgotten, especially for his "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television" routine that actually changed the laws of free speech.

Goodbye George.

That $uck$! I took my mother to see him at the Lowell Auditorium back in 89. She has been gone a long time but I can remember how she laughed that night like it was yesterday.

He was a funny dude.

Pat

Firefight911
Every time I pack "stuff" on the bike I'll think of him.

Afterall, everyone needs a place for your stuff!

Light will continue to follow dark, even without my favorite weatherman......Hippy Dippy though he was.

Humor always seems to be a callous for pain........He suffers no longer. RIP George.

Dang. I remember sneaking around with my best friend in grade school (early 80s) to listen to his stuff when we weren't allowed to. And a couple years later when my dad gave me a book he wrote, filled with irreverent, thought-provoking and delightfully obscene one liners.

I'm sure his routines and jokes will live on in the lives of many. It's very common to hear various Carlinisms around my house.

Every time I pack "stuff" on the bike I'll think of him. He was an interesting man.

Every time I hear the words "The Ten Commandments", I'll think fondly of George Carlin.

Joe Bless You, George Carlin.

RIP Carlin.

He was a funny dude.

"...There are over 400,000 words in the English language, but they single out these 7. 399,993...to seven. They must be reeeeeallly baaaaad!"

:(

For my 21st birthday(1981), my mother & father took me and a buddy to Vegas. I talked them into going to the George Carlin show.

My father still speaks of that show to this day. I don't think I have ever laughed harder.

RIP

What a great talent, and the recordings will live on...

I'll miss the new HBO specials every few years tho.

MB>

beemerman2k

I loved George Carlin. He had the audacity to actually speak his mind -- no matter how twisted that mind was! I used to listen to his routines back in the 70's, when I was a teenager. Oh my goodness he was killer funny! I love his social commentary, too, on racism, sexism, anti-racism, anti-feminism -- in other words, he would rail against racism, and he would rail against those who would use "racism" and/or "sexism" as a weapon to beat others over the head! A "'person' hole cover", the "boogey 'person'"!! Oh man, he was nuts! I thought he was very insightful.

What a great commentary on the human condition and life in America. He will really be missed.

We are right now in the process of selling literally all our "stuff" (house and furnishings included) to start a new traveling lifestyle. George certainly helped confirm that we're doing the right thing.

I think historians will be able learn as much about society in America by tracking Carlin's routines through the years as they will by using old news reports.

from AP

Eleven years before his death, George Carlin wished he could edit his own obituary. » 'I want it to really ring'...

link

sorry to hear of his death but i never thought he was funny. just another secular progressive with a liberal slant on everything. sad for his family and friends though..

Archived