IGNORED

Route Suggestions -- John Day To Portland?

marcopolo

My wife is flying to meet me after the Un. She was supposed to be flying to Eugene, but United Express just changed the connecting flight from Portland to Eugene to a time where she can't possibly make it. I will now be riding to Portland International to pick her up when she arrives at 2:30 Saturday afternoon.

I have plugged that into Mapsource and it has calculated a route as follows: west from John Day on 26, then north on 19 to Condon, then northwest on 206, then west on I-84 to Portland International.

Is that route fine, or does anyone have another suggestion?

north on 19 to Condon, then northwest on 206, then west on I-84 to Portland International.

If you have the time, check out 216 west from Maupin, hook back up with 26. Stay on 26 up and around Mt. Hood (great views!), all the way to Portland where you hit 84 just East of the airport (N. on 205). :thumbsup:

D'Oh, I'll check that out. Didn't think of that. We'll see if United Express flies there from Portland. Thanks Dave.

Edit: just checked; same problem as flying into Eugene -- all flights leave Portland before she gets there (unless she wanted to wait until 9:30 p.m., which is a non-starter. No flights to bend, either, just Redmond. Looks like I'll be heading to Portland.

north on 19 to Condon, then northwest on 206, then west on I-84 to Portland International.

If you have the time, check out 216 west from Maupin, hook back up with 26. Stay on 26 up and around Mt. Hood (great views!), all the way to Portland where you hit 84 just East of the airport (N. on 205). :thumbsup:

That's easy to do. I've plugged it in. Thx.

My wife canceled her flight from Portland to Eugene, so I will now ride from John Day to Portland International to pick her up on Saturday afternoon (July 12th). From there we'll head down to Eugene, where we're spending three nights.

I also discovered that there's free, conveniently located, motorcycle parking at the Portland airport. How civilized, just like when I picked her up at the airport in Milwaukee last summer before riding to LA.

Mark:

Watch your speed from Mt Hood/Govt Camp in to Portland. Bad stretch that is..

If you have a chance to catch Multnomah Falls in the Gorge, do it.

MB>

Hi again, Mark and Dave [i rode with you to Bryce at Torrey--the slow ride.]

Dave's suggestion is great for Mt. Hood if you have the time. Drive up to the Lodge for a visit if you have more time. And if you have even more time to see Multnomah Falls off I-84 about 12 miles east of PDX, it is worth it. Very easy on and off ramp from 1-84. For that matter, a quick ride up to nearby Crown Point is also cool. Come to think of it, you need to spend the day in Portland :Cool:

I hope to see you guys at the UN on Thurs the 10th if I can get off work in Bend by 15:30 hours.

Archived