IGNORED

It's been a rough day for some...

Twisties

Sometimes words won't do. We had a spectacular afternoon and evening here today while some were fighting floods, recovering from surgery, having their throat examined, spending time with their mothers, crying over lost companions, or in shock over the sudden death of a respected journalist.

This life is such an awkward mix of glory and pain.

I hope these couple of shots from our backyard, not particularly good pictures as pictures go, what with phone and power lines, trees, and houses obstructing the view, offer a moment of peace to those in pain. They are but humble reminders of the beauty which graces our everyday existence, and they are so everyday. Yet I think, when the sun sets, and the peaks are catching the last rays, even as the valley has slipped into dusk, that there is a moment of clarity and peace in the city. It's a poor offering, but all that I have at the moment that I can find a way to share.

312719415_euiXU-O.jpg

312719424_EUkZU-O.jpg

312719443_mKk7B-O.jpg

Really a nice touch.....Nothing like the beauty of the mountains to calm and humble us..........Thanks....We'll get to see similar next week when we head to Panguitch and over into Colorado......Looking forward to it....

Phil.........Redbrick

There is a lot going on just now... I think it good for all of us to take a moment.

Lets extend well wishes and help to those in our mid-west who are getting the floods and tornadoes.

thanks

AdventurePoser
Sometimes words won't do. We had a spectacular afternoon and evening here today while some were fighting floods, recovering from surgery, having their throat examined, spending time with their mothers, crying over lost companions, or in shock over the sudden death of a respected journalist.

This life is such an awkward mix of glory and pain.

I hope these couple of shots from our backyard, not particularly good pictures as pictures go, what with phone and power lines, trees, and houses obstructing the view, offer a moment of peace to those in pain. They are but humble reminders of the beauty which graces our everyday existence, and they are so everyday. Yet I think, when the sun sets, and the peaks are catching the last rays, even as the valley has slipped into dusk, that there is a moment of clarity and peace in the city. It's a poor offering, but all that I have at the moment that I can find a way to share.

Jan, what a great reminder to all of us that there is more than bad news...Everyday, I step back and give thanks for all the good things. It keeps me sane and humble.

Thanks for sharing.

STeve in So Cal

Archived