IGNORED

14 Years, Tough Decision

Rinkydink

After 14 years it had finally come time to send my minature pinscher "Pepper" to the great dog heaven in the sky today. This is honestly one of the toughest things I've ever had to do. It's amazing how attached you get to these unconditional loving animals. sniff sniff

Little over a yr ago I had to have my 20 yr old mutt, Lucy put to sleep. This little dog helped my family get thru a tough issue with a child, kept my wife company while I traveled a great deal of the time, and while my wife moved with me to a part of the country neither of us particularly cared for. 20 yrs old. Always happy to see us, like most dogs are, regardless of how nice or indifferent we were to her. When I took her to the kennel all of the handlers asked to play with her, she was their favorite. All cried freely the day I took her in for the last time.

I made my living in the pet food business, and I know how much we all love our pets. What a horrible thing to have to do to an animal we share so much with. My condolences.

You were both blessed to share so many years together.

Must be a lifetime of good memories to enjoy.

Best wishes.

Jerry Johnston

Very sorry to hear it. I know exactly how oyu're feeling since I had to put my 16yr old Border Collie to sleep last week.

AdventurePoser

Tom, Jennifer and I are very sorry for your loss. Our beloved schnauzer, Willie, is coming to his end soon. So much joy in owning a pet, and so much sorrow, too.

Steve in So Cal

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Valerie and I are sorry. 14 years of love and companionship is what you shared. Whenever the times comes to let either of our two kids go, I'll be a crying mess.

Fightingpiper

This has also been a very tough week for me. On Monday I had to say goodbye to Abe my 16yr old liver spotted dalmation. He picked me out one day while I was at the Humane Society when he was 6 years old. He helped me through some of the toughest times of my life but he always made me smile. It was a great 10 years that we spent together but it was time because he was struggling to with his walking and probably had early stages of Cancer. Sorry to hear about your loss. You and Pepper will be in my prayers.

Jeff

Archived